ATI Cards and DOS programs..

Caleb

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 13, 2002
Messages
249
Hey,

I've got WinXP and im trying to do some work in Borland C++/Turbo Pascal (those old editions)

The problem is, that the full screen works for a few seconds, and then the program crashes/hangs.

This is definetly an ATI issue and it has been a bug in the driver for a while. (my cousin has an nvidia card and those DOS proggies work fine)

I've contacted ATI a couple of times but they have had vague responses.

Does anyone else experience it?
 
Do you have catalyst 4.3 drivers? I think I remember seeing something about full screen DOS working correctly as a resolved issue.
 
I had the exact same problem on a RadeonLE 32MB when running some fullscreen DOS games. I recently tried Syndicate Wars on a Radeon 7500 and it still does it. I don't know if its a driver issue because I even loaded up DOS 6.xx (skipped installing win95/98) and even without any graphical drivers loaded the program still hangs up rather quickly. (By the way does DOS have a built in generic VGA driver?)

I was thinking of trying to find some kind of generic SVGA driver that might get around the bug but that project kind of fell to the wayside.
 
Back
Top