• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI Auto Tune CCC 9.4

Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
907
Hey guys,

I tried running auto tune with the new drivers, and it went for about 2 minutes and then my computer just reboots, no BSOD flicker...nothing. Happens with my 2GB 4850x2.

Any ideas?
 
64-bit Vista Home Premium
Lapped Q6600 @ 4.0ghz - Intel Burn Test Stable for 50 runs/w S1823 HSF bolt through kit 58c full load
Gigabyte UD3P Mobo - F7 BIOS
8gb g.Skill ddr2-800mhz 5-5-5-18 /w Corsair Dominator Fan
x2 Segate 250 HD's in Raid 0
4850x2 2GB - 33c idle, 55c full load
7.1 Audigy SB Sound card
Coolermaster HAF 932 Case with Scythe Ultra Kaze Fans 120x38mm. 4 in take on side panel, 2 on top exhaust, 1 on my HSF mounted horizontally, 1 on back as exhaust. /w fan controller.
 
On new hardware it's probably best to start off at standard system speeds. If you can save your current BIOS profile do it. Then go to "stock" system speeds and get your tune on.

Once you have done that then you can start to OC the entire system again to find out what works with your system.

If your system still crashes at standard speeds then you have another problem.
 
A lot of people on other forums complaining about the new autotune. One guy said his machine won't boot to anything but safe mode without a BSOD. Myself I let it run for 20 minutes and my monitor turned off. I just gave up after that. From what I hear the settings it comes up with aren't stable if you do let it run long enough to finish. I feel the 9.4 Catalyst is a steaming pile. I also noticed they were digitally signed by ATi this month and not Microsoft. I really hope they do better than this next month.
 
From what I hear the settings it comes up with aren't stable if you do let it run long enough to finish. I feel the 9.4 Catalyst is a steaming pile. I also noticed they were digitally signed by ATi this month and not Microsoft. I really hope they do better than this next month.


The 9.4 tuning feature definitely can be improved.

My machine didn't crash when I used the "auto tune" to tune 2 HD4850s in crossfire. However I know that my HD4850 speeds are much higher than where they were before so lowered the ram and speed a little just to keep the temps down for long gaming session with UT3.

I did notice improved game play performance using the antialising.
With UT3 if I didn't use "application" settings on teh the game woud look terrible and not play right. Now I can select up to 8x by 24x and be able to play some maps very well.


Overall the these drivers seem much better to me.
 
The 9.4 tuning feature definitely can be improved.

My machine didn't crash when I used the "auto tune" to tune 2 HD4850s in crossfire. However I know that my HD4850 speeds are much higher than where they were before so lowered the ram and speed a little just to keep the temps down for long gaming session with UT3.

I did notice improved game play performance using the antialising.
With UT3 if I didn't use "application" settings on teh the game woud look terrible and not play right. Now I can select up to 8x by 24x and be able to play some maps very well.


Overall the these drivers seem much better to me.

Must be card specific. For me I got a BSOD in UT3, never had that before. Only happens with the 9.4. I was really hoping when they dropped support for the older cards the drivers would get better. Maybe next time. Good to hear they are working well for someone.
 
Must be card specific. For me I got a BSOD in UT3, never had that before. Only happens with the 9.4. I was really hoping when they dropped support for the older cards the drivers would get better. Maybe next time. Good to hear they are working well for someone.


They can be improved. The tune feature should probably be ran after selecting the 3D options for each game then making a profile for each game.

I'm not getting BSOD but my GPU freezes then recovers with a problem report email window to send to ATI. (I send them too).

I still havn't found settings for UT3 that I really like without getting some type of GPU problem.

UT3 is my favorite game and it looks really good on HD4850 in crossfire but I know the drivers need more work.

I'm running XP and I'm thinking that by the time W7 64 bit is available with Direct X11 my machine will work alot better with W7 64 bit.

I'm sure ATI can improve the drivers alot. Good to see they are working on them.
 
Back
Top