ATI and NVIDIA knife fight

^eMpTy^ said:
If you're going to express an opinion saying that you bought the card because you just plain like them better, you might want to say why you liked them better at the same time instead of 2 pages later...
Let's take one more look, shall we?

It came down to a preference, and I chose mine.
Now I said it came down to a "preference", which I later elaborated on...where is the problem with this?

You're looking for something that just ain't there, I don't get your point unless it's just looking for trouble. :confused:

The problem is no matter what is presented as good about ATI on this forum, it will be denied and fought tooth and nail until it is a flamefest or gets locked. This has been my point all along. I don't know why you guys have such an axe to grind with ATI, but it gets out of control.

tranCendenZ said:
Like where dig? Where are all these mystery 2.0ns recent 6800U owners? The thread started here in the nvidia subforum was by someone who saw rumors and thought thats what he got too, he didnt actually check his own card. There is zero proof that most recent 6800U cards are 2.0ns ram, it is all speculation - in fact I haven't seen hardly anyone at all mentioning 2.0ns ram on their ultras (people who actually checked) on any of the nvidia or general forums, and I visit a lot of forums. But even a few users still does not equate to "most."

Anyway, this is all FUD anyway since the 6800GT beats the x800pro vivo in most games, and the 6800GT has 2.0ns ram - which many users have clocked to 1100mhz+ without issue :)
In what games(other than doom 3) does a 6800GT beat an X800 XT PE? Because that is essentially what you are getting when you buy an X800 Pro VIVO and enable the disabled pipes/overclock. You could overclock the GT to ultra speeds, but even the most hard core nvidia fans around here admit that the XT PE is the better card overall, just that it's so damned hard to find in its retail form.

You are correct otherwise. The 6800GT annihilates the X800 PRO at stock speeds.

And for those saying you HAVE to v-mod the X800 PRO VIVO to make it top tier, you don't. Many X800 PRO VIVOs can reach XT PE speeds without a V-mod. True, the majority do not, but the performance differences between a 16 pipe X800 Pro at 500/500 and a 16 pipe Pro at 525/560 are minimal. Most people do the v-mod so they can say "Hey, I bought an X800 XT PE for the price of an X800 PRO VIVO".

I really don't see why the pencil trick is an issue, anyways. It's safe, entirely reversible, and easy. You don't need any special tools, all you need is a pencil and an eraser. If you don't have any problems with overclocking, you shouldn't have any problems with this mod.

No Rick, the problem is when you start a post bashing and then make blatantly false statements. I say it may times:
if you can get an XTPE get it
but I don't get flamed, you post FUD like:
Remember most all Ultras come with 2.0ns RAM so will be very limited.
So in three months when we have all the NV40's dieing because they are underpowered (as BFG has already warned) and the ram is crapping out, life will be good.
I wouldn't go it! That would mean empty, ruined, and co (I like to call them the FAB 5) will end up joining your forums to cap all the threads with Nvidia marketing.
and you get flamed, see a difference? :rolleyes:

With you around no one needs to bash ATI. ;)

R1ckCa1n said:
The problem is no matter what is presented as good about ATI on this forum, it will be denied and fought tooth and nail until it is a flamefest or gets locked. This has been my point all along. I don't know why you guys have such an axe to grind with ATI, but it gets out of control.
hey look, your points are valid, but your presentation sucks ass. aint trying to offend ya, but you and others (you know who you are) just bash each other and just like any fight it gets out of control. look, ati had a little messup with the x800pro and the supply of the XT-PE. big deal . life goes on. i said this when the 5xxx series was out and look what happened: the 6xxx series is great! and im excited how ati's next cycle will be.
rick, etc. if you want ati cards, thats great.
empty, etc. if yall want nvidia cards, thats great to.
but this pointless bashing needs to stop. critique each others statements, but dont personally attack. both sides are guilty of it and its hurting this forum. attack facts and not opinions please.

WuTangClam said:
In what games(other than doom 3) does a 6800GT beat an X800 XT PE?
He didn't say anything about the GT beating the XTPE, clam down.

R1ckCa1n said:

no they haven't, the last 3 of 4 threads that we argued in came out fine, all ya have to do is show proof of your statements, back it up, as
Avatar is saying, when ya can't show that backing your presentation goes down the tubes.

CrimandEvil said:
He didn't say anything about the GT beating the XTPE, clam down.
Don't worry, I'm clam :cool: .
I realize that he did not say anything about the GT beating the XT PE, but you sorta took what I said out of context. It's all part of this point I'm trying to make: the X800 PRO VIVO is really an X800 XT PE in disguise.

Anyways, I better shut up before I get mauled by a horde of rabid nvidia fanatics.

digitalwanderer said:
Let's take one more look, shall we?

Now I said it came down to a "preference", which I later elaborated on...where is the problem with this?

You're looking for something that just ain't there, I don't get your point unless it's just looking for trouble. :confused:

Now you're just talking in circles...if you can't understand my previous post (which answers the question you are again asking) then I don't care to discuss it further...I don't look for trouble from people who are clearly incapable of providing me with any...

WuTangClam said:
It's all part of this point I'm trying to make: the X800 PRO VIVO is really an X800 XT PE in disguise.
If it was ATI would have sold them as such. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I better shut up before I get mauled by a horde of rabid fanatics.
Only if you act like one. :)

All I know is no one bothered to touch my GT to UE point. Why is that? I didn't type out that long ass post for my health after all.

^eMpTy^ said:
Now you're just talking in circles...if you can't understand my previous post (which answers the question you are again asking) then I don't care to discuss it further...I don't look for trouble from people who are clearly incapable of providing me with any...
No it doesn't, and you're avoiding the question. :rolleyes:

digitalwanderer said:
No it doesn't, and you're avoiding the question. :rolleyes:

I have answered your question...your inability to comprehend it is not my problem...

btw, a rollseyes smiley is not a valid substitution for a clue...

why is it always, rickcain, transcend, the batman, empty and ofcourse burninggrave(tho he's been inactive lately)

I'm just curious ... Do you have internet acess at work? Is it easy for you to be online at work, post all day on forums and not get in trouble?

If so I wish I had a job like yours.. I still wouldnt shove my opinions in peoples throats 24/7 though

*sigh*
why must you bash each other? if you feel the other is making themself a fool, there is no greater weapon than just silence. but the feuds must continue.

Emret said:
I'm just curious ... Do you have internet acess at work?

Yes... nice dual OC03 pipes since our office houses a datacenter for the company. :p

Emret said:
Is it easy for you to be online at work, post all day on forums and not get in trouble?

Very easy, you will find I only post during the day when it is very slow.

Emret said:
If so I wish I had a job like yours

We are hiring!

Back