• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI AIW9800 Pro LinesVertical&Horizontal

ccrider51

n00b
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
10
Any you guys having this problem with this card, vpu recover dosent even pick it up. Its only happening when I try to play SOF 2 and Hitman2 and im not even in the game Im at the options menu the screen will just mess up with different colored lines up and down,left and right??Running Cats 5.4 tried 5.2 no diff.
amdxp2500+
768 M pc2700 ram
Gigabyte GA-7VAXMB
2-80G WD HDs
Audigy 2 Sound Card
Enermax 365W PS
 
Now it seems to be happening in Half life 2,I played it for 3 HRS last sat no problems.This is a used card the computer place I deal with swapped me for a ATI AIW 9700 that was sent to ATI in January 05,it hasent come back so the owner swapped me this ATI AIW 9800 pro for it I formatted clean install now have this problem. the computer dosent lock up just lines up dn and across I can see through it enough to shut down and restart. What to do with this card????
 
I'm having a similar issue myself with the same card. I checked to make sure the heatsink/fan was attached securely and it was. I don't overclock and the card runs really hot. I'm going to try and have a fan blow directly on the card to see if that helps.
 
I also have a 9700 PRO A.I.W with this problem, although it only happens in CS:S.

The screen turns into a giat green/purple mess. I just live with it because it eventually goes away, but annoying none the less.
 
Back
Top