• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

ATI AIW 9700 pro

ratmeleon

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 13, 2004
Messages
119
Hey,

I have an AIW 9700 Pro from ATI.
I have a problem with the Omega Drivers. After I install them, when I try and watch TV, there is no visual image, yet there is audio output.

Oh yeah, other than oc'ing, and the omega drivers, what other tweaks I can use/do on the card.

I was able to oc to 379 Mhz core speed and 338(x2) Mhz for the RAM.
Anything a little higher than 340 gives me artifacts. And at 380, seems to get partially unstable. Will removing that little metal frame thing under the fan, and replacing the generic thermal paste with artic alumina do me good?

Any other tips in general?
 
i'm using the omega's with a 9800AIW with no problems at all ( and i watch tv with it). I wouldn't bother with thermal paste, i mean really, you'll gain maybe 5-10 mhz on the core. Who really cares? You won't notice a performance difference. Also the risk is not worth it if u ask me (coming from a guy who killed a gf3 by dicking around with thermal paste... heh that sounds funny)
 
Back
Top