• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

ATI 9600 Pro

sipher

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
96
I have a 9600 Pro from PowerColor.

I've heard 9600 Pro's are good overclockers. Any ideas as to how high some of them have been set at for memory and core speed?

I will eventually be getting a 6800 GT or Ultra in the next few months but wanted to see how high I could get this running since I will most likely be using 2 systems at once to 2 box games.

The highest I've been able to get stable so far is Core: 441mhz and Memory: 229.50 mhz.

I just moved to ATI Tool from R3DTweaker. Testing for Max mem and Core atm.

Any suggestions would be great.

Current Specs
Athlon XP 1800+ @ 1.54 ghz
512 MB DDR 333 CL2.5 running at CL 2-2-2-5 1t
System bus 134.30/268.61 ddr (testing to overclock atm)

New Machine Soon
Athlon 64 3000+
512 MB DDR 400(or greater to start)
Geforce 6800 GT or Ultra
 
This is a bit off topic but if you haven't purchased your cpu yet, you might consider going with a 3200 for the higher multiplier if you plan to overclock. The price differential is minimal.
 
We'll see hehe if I end up using 2 machines or not hehe.

Anyone have any ideas on overclocking speeds for my 9600 Pro 256 mb?

Thanks for the info on 3200. I'll have to take a look and see what the price difference is. What are the multiplyers for the 3000 and 3200 listed at?
 
My Club3D 9600Pro 128 mb does 472.50 MHz core and 337.50 MHz memory with stock cooling (stock settings were 400/300).
I overclock with Radlinker, using the Omega drivers (for some reason the real Cats won't install on my card, not even in another PC or with a fresh Windows XP install. Win98 does work, oddly enough).
 
Back
Top