ATI 8.7 causes blue screens.

Jutsu

[H]ard|Gawd
Has anyone else had this problem?

I think I have officially learned my lesson this time when it comes to updating display drivers. I have Sapphire x800 GTO (AGP), (in sig) i decided to test out the 8.7 ATI drivers. After installing and rebooting, I went to play TF2, after about 5 minutes of play my comp BSOD with no error, I tried numerous games and got the same result. I don't know if it is because new drivers aren't designed with AGP in mind or what but every time I try to upgrade I get nothing but problems. I have had the card for 2 years and I am stuck using the drivers that come off the CD.

Anyways just wondering if any of my fellow AGP brethren are experiencing these issues with ATI drivers.

Hrmm this is the first I have heard of a hotfix for the drivers, I downloaded the latest drivers directly from ATI last week and there was nothing about installing a hot fix for AGP cards om the site... I will have to try it out.

edit..

It appear the hotfix is only the 2000/3000 series and the recommended fix for all the other series is to DL 8.2 or higher... (which causes BSOD)

I will try the hot fix but I dont think it is going to work with my card

Back