ati 6950 2gb crossfire problem

matrix563

Fully [H]
both cards are unlocked, one clocked at 880/1375. in catalyst control center, the second card only lists up to 840/1325 for gpu and ram speed. how can i unlock the slider to the first card's speeds? i followed the steps at overclock.net with asus smart doctor (uninstalled when done). any thoughts?

there is no restriction for the slider for the first card.

both cards are shader unlocked and read as 6950's in gpuz still.

Last edited:
well i used afterburner, i think its working properly

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/7ac7v/ http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/a2xmb/ guess i got it straight? both are at 880/1375.

but, catalyst only shows the slider for the first card, not the second. is that ok? seti reports both gpu's as 3379 gflops performance. so perhaps everything is working properly?

does using afterburner disable one of the sliders in catalyst when you are running crossfire?

I wasn't aware that catalyst ever let you set individual clocks for each card when run in crossfire mode.

well the comp crashed a few times due to a faulty 1tb external western digital drive. i am afraid windows might have got corrupted some :p. i'll see how everything runs for awhile then reinstall if necessary. its a ssd so i'm a try not too if possible ;).

I wasn't aware that catalyst ever let you set individual clocks for each card when run in crossfire mode.

Yup. You can set different clocks per card. There's a drop down menu where you can select which card in Overdrive.

one clocked at 880/1375

You SURE that this card doesn't have a 6970 BIOS on it? Those are the stock 6970 clocks.

yes i just did the shader unlock. the other one came with the shader unlock already. for some reason its only showing the slider tab for one card now, but gpuz shows 880/1375 for both now that i set the second card via msi burner. which is ironic cause the card is an msi :p :D.

i didn't flash either with the 6970 bios. don't want to chance killing the card

Back