ATI 64bit driver petition

I'm sure ATI is working on them and will release them when they're stable and/or the OS for them finally ships. It's not like ATI is going to completely ignore the 64b market.

Anywyas, you're right about it not mattering... online petitions are hardly worth the paper they're printed on ;)

There ARE 64 bit drivers, they're included with the OS. ATi is waiting for a shipping version before they release anything more, they want to keep the driver work in house, which is fine.

Am I the only person that realizes, petitions never get anything done....

Be patient. You can't force ATI to release the drivers that you want, when you want them. You'll live if they don't release them until a while longer. Besides, by the time you get anything done with a petition, 64 bit drivers will be included with everything...

Hey I stated myself that it prolly wouldn't mean anything, but it wouldn't hurt to show that we want 'em. Also, yea ATI drivers are included with windows 64, but they aren't openGL accelerated, so they are kinda worthless except for the 2D windows desktop. ATI has drivers written for their beta testers, but it sure owuld be nice for someone to leak these how ATI and nvidia regular drivers get 'leaked' all the time.
Jason

Originally posted by Myrandex
Hey I stated myself that it prolly wouldn't mean anything, but it wouldn't hurt to show that we want 'em. Also, yea ATI drivers are included with windows 64, but they aren't openGL accelerated, so they are kinda worthless except for the 2D windows desktop. ATI has drivers written for their beta testers, but it sure owuld be nice for someone to leak these how ATI and nvidia regular drivers get 'leaked' all the time.
Jason

Well if you got these beta drivers, something is bound to not work, then you would talk about ATI having crappy drivers.

And Nvidia is silly, they just leak them to make it seem like people are getting the "inside" knowledge, when they are really getting nothing useful.

ATi prefers to keep their drivers completely closed source, which is an option and perfectly reasonable. They merely want to wait for a finished product, rather than release one that is not ready and have a flood of emails about it.

nvidia's 64 bit drivers aren't leaks, they are full blown releases and the drivers are available from Nvidia's site.

True enough.. If Ati released drivers, people would just say they were crappy.

Suprisingly noone calls Nvidias 64-bit drivers crappy even though they are much slower than the 32-bit drivers right now.

If ATi (and Win64) gets to the point where it has faster performance than the 32-bit then I think it would be useful.

Win-64 is not usefult to me at all because there is no to very poor DirectPlay support: No directlplay, no internet gaming, no UT2004 in anything but singleplayer (and is there any point in playing UT2004 if you cant play online?)

Back