ATI 6.10 are out

Comte

Gawd
Go get'em guys.....
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=293

Issues Resolved in Catalyst® Software Suite 6.10
The following section provides a summary of the issues that are resolved in the latest release of Catalyst®. These include:

3DMark2006: Setting the display resolution to 1600x1200 and AA to either 4x or 6x no longer results in display corruption being noticed when running the HDR1 test. This issue was known to occur on certain specific systems only. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23443
Anarchy-Online: Screen corruption is no longer noticed when walking or running through the terrain. Further details can be found in topic number 737-22016
Black & White 2: Battle of the Gods: Intermittent display corruption is no longer noticed when playing the game in a system containing an ATI Radeon® X1900 series and running the Windows MCE operating system when setting the graphics options within the game to high details. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23275
Commandos Strike Force: Enabling CrossFire™ and playing the game no longer results in display corruption being noticed when using an Intel 965 motherboard. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23444
Godfather: Task switching between the game and the windows desktop no longer results in display corruption being noticed when playing the game at a display resolution of 1600x1200 (or higher) when having the in-game video options set to optimal quality. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23440
Serious Sam 2: Playing the game on a system running the Windows MCE operating system and containing an ATI Radeon X1800 CrossFire™ Edition product no longer results in the operating system rebooting after approximately 20 minutes of game play when playing the game in a high setting windowed mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23445
World of Warcraft: Playing the game for an extended period of time no longer results in the game failing to respond when using a Radeon® X800. Further details can be found in topic number 737-22632
Catalyst® Control Center: Setting new clock values no longer results in the confirm changes dialog box failing to be displayed and clicking on cancel option may result in the new values still being applied. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23278
Setting the display properties to prompt for a restart of the system when making a display resolution change, no longer results in the selected display resolution not being applied when clicking yes to restart the computer for the changes to take effect. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23279
Connecting a CRT to a system containing an ATI Xpress 1150 series product followed by enabling extended desktop mode, no longer results in the both the LCD and the CRT failing to resume when attempting to resume from a standby state. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23434
The LCD Panel Setting no longer becomes Use centered timings when resuming from suspend mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23435
Display corruption is no longer noticed when switching between normal screen and full screen mode when viewing either a video or a picture slide show under the Windows Media Center Edition operating system using the Media Center application. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23436
Installing the Catalyst® software driver on a system running the Windows XP Japanese version operating system no longer results in the .NET Framework version requirement dialog box being displayed in English. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23253
Setting the display resolution to 1400x1080 on a system running the Windows XP operating system and containing an ATI Xpress 200 series product, no longer results in the display appearing jagged. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23437
Playing a DVD using WinDVD no longer results in display corruption being noticed within the player when resizing the player window. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23256
The ATI VPU Recover functionality no longer fails when using an ATI Radeon® X1900 series of products. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23438
Catalyst® Control Center: Clicking the Enable ATI Overdrive clocks for 3D application only button followed by selecting the Preserve ATI Overdrive Settings at log on no longer results in a VPU recover event occurring when running the Automated Clock Configuration Utility. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23439
CrossFire™: Enabling Wait for Vsync within the Catalyst® Control Center no longer results in display corruption being noticed within the 3D->Anti-aliasing aspect page when setting the pre-view to full-screen. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23441
Catalyst® Control Center: Connecting a CRT and a TV to an ATI Radeon® X800 series of products no longer results in the display mode for the CRT being incorrect when selecting to swap the display devices and then cancelling the selection. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23442

Talk about waiting until the last minute... lol...

Zefram0911 said:
Do these officially support my 1950xtx?

edit: Nevermind... they do!

New Product Software Driver Support

This release of Catalyst® will provide software support for the following new ATI products:

* ATI Radeon® X1650 Pro
* ATI Radeon® 1950 XTX
* ATI Radeon® X1300 XT

I do believe I'll give these a proper whirl, though I'm not amused at their tardiness.

Huzzah! We don't need the chuck patch for HDR+AA in Oblivion anymore! I just tried it out and it works just fine. w00t.

Does anyone know when they plan to release AVIVO software that takes advantage of the hardware other than looking up the product model?

Thanks!

Zefram0911 said:
yay! half a percent improvement on 3dmark06! wooohooo... :p

It's cause ATi pwn so much in that benchmark already. The cards are at max potential ;)

omfg these just messed up everything. Net Frame won't install, the damn thing won't finish, now I can re-install my old drivers. Fking bs

I restart and everything is 640x480 in 4-bit color... wtf, gd waste of time I'm never updating drivers again from ATI unless I absolutely have to

ElvishBoy311 said:
Got about a 200 point increase in 3dmark06 with an x1800xt 512

I got about the same few hundred point increase.

RexPokinghorn said:
Is this a decent score? With the 6.10 drivers on a X1950XTX...

I think either your processor or more memory makes your score higher than mine.

Ok, asking here.. Has it fixed the green corruption on ATI MMC software for ATI's tv tuners that was introduced with 6.7 drivers?

seems kinda low. My X1900XTX gets over 7K with some overclocking...

Zefram0911 said:
I got about the same few hundred point increase.

I think either your processor or more memory makes your score higher than mine.

I'm stuck on 6.7. Everytime I try to upgrade to 6.8 or 6.9 or 6.10, my CounterStrike Source Crashes after stutering for about 1 minute into the game, but my old 9800 Pro runs flawless with 6.7 so I don't know what the problem is with the drivers after 6.7 :(

Lol same issue. With 6.9 and 6.10 beta, I crashed in Source after about 20min. I was going crazy lowering my overclocks to see what the culprit was. Finally back to 6.7 and all is well.

Anybody know if it has resolved the "green corrupted" screen issue with video on TV-wonder cards when watching TV using ATI's own MMC software?

blade52x said:
omfg these just messed up everything. Net Frame won't install, the damn thing won't finish, now I can re-install my old drivers. Fking bs

I restart and everything is 640x480 in 4-bit color... wtf, gd waste of time I'm never updating drivers again from ATI unless I absolutely have to

Yes becuase i am sure it is absoluuty ATI's fault.......

that is why likely hundreds or thousands of other people have installed them with out a single problem...

MrGuvernment said:
So, who is folding with their x*** cards now since 6.10 are supported by F@H.
I just fired up the 5.05 ati client and seems to be working just peachy .. now to get the cpu folding at the same time ...hmmm

[F]old|[H]ard

I downloaded the 6.10 display driver by itself and installed the latest versions of Tray Tools and ATI Tool and I haven't had any problems yet.

Right now only the X19xx cards can be used for folding. But give it time i'm sure they will add support for more ATI cards.

Ever since I installed the 6.10's I can no longer enable the TV-out. The TV is listed as an available device and when i place the mouse over teh TV icon, I get a balloon saying that I can activate it in the contextmenu when right-clicking on it. But when I richt-click, no contextmenu appears. Is this a known bug or is it just my system bugging me?

Back