ATi 5970 Availability

NExUS1g

Gawd
I did a search and didn't find anything regarding the availability of the ATi 5970 except for a thread that stated they're available at Newegg.com (for all of apparently 5 minutes lol). When will the 5970 be readily available? I have to buy a card in the next week and this is the one I really want.

its hard to find a 5850 or 5870 ........a 5970 isent gonna be any easier.

Thanks for the information. Right now, though, I'm more curious about an estimation as to when it might be readily available. I suppose when I get my new system I can use my 2600XT if necessary until the 5970 is more available.

Thanks for the information. Right now, though, I'm more curious about an estimation as to when it might be readily available. I suppose when I get my new system I can use my 2600XT if necessary until the 5970 is more available.
Because of the supply issues with TSMC and the (comparatively) huge demand for these cards, it'll probably be like this for a while yet anyway. Basically, as soon as a shipment comes in to any reseller, people snatch them up. So if you really want this card, sign up for all the "in-stock" notifications you can and live by your computer :p.

Because of the supply issues with TSMC and the (comparatively) huge demand for these cards, it'll probably be like this for a while yet anyway. Basically, as soon as a shipment comes in to any reseller, people snatch them up. So if you really want this card, sign up for all the "in-stock" notifications you can and live by your computer :p.

Hehe, I was thinking about checking with some local non-chain computer stores to see if they happen have any in stock. I have a feeling that would be my best bet for now.

if anything non-chain wont have them. i was under the impression the chain stores get priority over ma and pa type computer stores. i havent seen any of the 5000 series cards at bestbuy........thats when i go by there. microcenter had some for a while but not the 5970. to answer your question no one really knows when stock will be more available.

This is all you can do.

Looks like I'm going to be using my 2600XT for a little longer than I expected. :) Thanks.

I think your guess is as good as most, unfortunately. I've heard clamorings about Christmas stock, and things like that, but who knows? Mr. K6 is just about right, although I have heard that e-mail notifications are not always reliable. When looking for a 5850, I just bookmarked Newegg, ZZF, TigerDirect, and Superbiiz, and visited each site every time I sat down at the computer. Took about 3 or 4 days, but it worked. Sorry, but estimates are all over the place, and this seems to be the only effective method.

I think your guess is as good as most, unfortunately. I've heard clamorings about Christmas stock, and things like that, but who knows? Mr. K6 is just about right, although I have heard that e-mail notifications are not always reliable. When looking for a 5850, I just bookmarked Newegg, ZZF, TigerDirect, and Superbiiz, and visited each site every time I sat down at the computer. Took about 3 or 4 days, but it worked. Sorry, but estimates are all over the place, and this seems to be the only effective method.

Email notification for the xfx 5870 on newegg worked just fine for me.

Email notification for the xfx 5870 on newegg worked just fine for me.
That's good to hear. I remember a number of users cursing their e-mail notifications when I posted that Newegg had XFX 5850's. Many of them didn't get there in time.

Newegg email notification has never been of any use to me. It's always worth a shot though.

I would recommend you stay on Newegg over the holidays and refresh every few hours. It looks like next Monday is when they are expecting more stock, but who honestly knows.

Just keep a newegg page open and refresh it every now and then to see if there are any inventory changes.

Glad I jumped on the XFX deal that Kyle and XFX worked out for a 5850 for [H] members only. Should have snagged a second for a Christmas gift though.

Back