• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI 5750 or 5770

OutKlast

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 12, 2006
Messages
121
Worth the ~$30 price difference? I'm jacking the 8800gt out of my current computer for a dedicated racing games computer. Need something to replace it. The eyefinity triple monitor thing looks cool too, currently I have 3 monitors via a main card and secondary PCI card. I game occasionally in FPS on this computer, would kind of like to try the triple monitors for gaming.
 
Last edited:
i got the xfx 5750 from tigerdirect for $122 after bing cashback. got it clocked at 850/1400 :)
 
Get one of the 5770's with the aftermarket-looking cooler and the voltage adjustment feature. Better cooling and better overclocking.
 
In NVIDIA terms the 5750 ~ GTS 250, whereas the 5770 is closest to the GTX 260 Core 216 (but not quite there, perhaps instead equivalent to the Core 192 if anything). The 5770 does overclock like a monster.. my Asus Voltage Tweak hit 1GHz on the core without breaking a sweat. Just as the gap between the GTS 250 and GTX 260 is significant (as is either from the 8800 GT), the gap between the HD 5750 and HD 5770 is rather noticeable.

I think the $30 will go a long way over the time you own the card, plus I think the bundles for 5770's are generally more generous.

I'm actually partial to the v1 cooler since it doesn't muck around with case airflow by blowing air all over the place -- important when you only have 1 exhaust fan. :p
 
so I am guessing the sig for the op hasnt been updated in a while...

Yea kind of. Though, I'll be using those basic components with the 8800gt to make my racing game rig. The 7800gt died. :(


The 5770 would be going in my newer computer, which is now old but plenty good for me. Intel E8400, Asus P5Q pro, 160gb raptor, 4gb ram (3gb addressed cause of driver issues with 64 bit XP).
 
Decent set up, but I'd get a cheap Quad-Core (Athlon X4 620 or q8400) and overclock, as opposed to a Dual-Core. Personally I'd go with AMD, that way you can upgrade to a Phenom X6 down the road.
 
Decent set up, but I'd get a cheap Quad-Core (Athlon X4 620 or q8400) and overclock, as opposed to a Dual-Core. Personally I'd go with AMD, that way you can upgrade to a Phenom X6 down the road.

Quad-cores are overrated right now. But I agree with the AMD recommendation.. only for a new system. His current setup is more than sufficient.
 
5770 is the way to go, however if you wanna use eyefinity triple monitor than I don't think this card can handle it, you either need two of these or go with the hd5850, single 5770 would not be enough for triple monitor gaming.
 
Back
Top