• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI 4870 X2 or Nvidia 295

QuadDragon

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
250
I JUST ordered my 4870 X2, I found it in Whitebox on newegg for 360 bucks!
Then I saw they just had an Nvidia 295 at 350 bucks. Did I make a mistake, should I have bought the 295 instead? Lol Anyway I guess my video card has allready shipped. Can't wait for it to get here.
 
I JUST ordered my 4870 X2, I found it in Whitebox on newegg for 360 bucks!
Then I saw they just had an Nvidia 295 at 350 bucks. Did I make a mistake, should I have bought the 295 instead? Lol Anyway I guess my video card has allready shipped. Can't wait for it to get here.

Depends. If the 4870 X2 is going to work better in the games you play at your panel's native resolution, keep it. If the GTX 295 is better in what you play, send it back and get the GeForce card instead. $10 is pretty much just spilled milk at this point. Personally I would have opted for the GTX 295...
 
Pretty sure ANYTHING is gonna run better than my old 8800 GTX.
well it depends on the rest of your system as to how much more oomph you will get out of a gtx295 or 4870x2.

btw where is this gtx295 that is only 350 bucks because I cant find it?
 
Wow it looks like they have allready removed it!
I wonder if it was some kinda miss print by newegg.
 
My current system specs are
Gigabyte p35 DQ6 motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo overclocked from 3.0 to 3.6 ghz - Ultra 120 Extreme
8 gigs of DDR800 ram Gskill Cas 5
2 500 gig segate baracudas
8800 GTX Ultra
Windows XP 64 bit edition
46 inch LED backlist LCD by Samsung
Onkyo 7.1 SR-TX 706 reciever with Energy speakers and a 12 inch BIC sub
700 watt powersupply.
 
My current system specs are
Gigabyte p35 DQ6 motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo overclocked from 3.0 to 3.6 ghz - Ultra 120 Extreme
8 gigs of DDR800 ram Gskill Cas 5
2 500 gig segate baracudas
8800 GTX Ultra
Windows XP 64 bit edition
46 inch LED backlist LCD by Samsung
Onkyo 7.1 SR-TX 706 reciever with Energy speakers and a 12 inch BIC sub
700 watt powersupply.
yeah you should be able to get most of what the 4870x2 has to offer. there are only in a couple games where it would it be beneficial to have a quad so you should be fine.
 
Back
Top