• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI 4870 1GB

rohan23

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
346
I got a great deal on one and I'm going to ATI after having nothing but Nvidia cards for the past 4 years. How does the 4870 differ from the Core 216 in editing video and pictures? I know it's CPU dependent, but some of it's going to rely on the GPU, right?
 
Video editing is a CPU function.
Pictures ditto.

What kind of excuses are you looking for?
 
I believe if you use particle effect when editing video your GPU will come into play.

I would Google it though since I never even owned a camera.
 
Video editing is not entirely cpu dependent. Particularly when rendering, the video card has to do a lot of the work. Another thing to keep in mind is that the best cards for 'gaming' are not necessarily the best cards for video editing/rendering work. If this is for your work do some research on what the best video card for it might be. Google is your friend.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/expert/dunn_03august11_vc.mspx
 
Back
Top