• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI 4850 freezing computer?

LARRY4

n00b
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1
Hi. I have a XFX 4850 graphics card and have been freezing my computer recently. No error messages were shown and have usually occurred when I'm playing in Left 4 Dead, Battlefield 2 or randomly when I'm on facebook. When I hit ctrl + alt + del, the task manager does not show up. The screen is not responsive and I will have to reboot the computer. I don't see any errors popping up but have seen a BSOD when i first turn on my computer. I've updated all my drivers and have checked dxdiag and no problems were found. I've checked the System Messages (Event Viewer) and have only found this "Application popup: : \SystemRoot\System32\ativvaxx.dll failed to load" I did not get any popup from this. I clicked on it and it stated a file type of ntdll.dll. I've also checked for viruses, malware, and spyware but have found nothing. Any help is appreciated. Not sure where the problem is.
 
Back
Top