ATI 1900XT isn't displaying anything

Joined
Feb 17, 2006
Messages
3
Now I recently got a ATI 1900XT, but I don't have a 6 pin PCIe power connector, out of stupidity I believe I sent it back with my MSI video card. Now I'm wondering if you need that connector to get any display at all, it seems strange that the card wouldn't even dispaly anything, I mean I can hear the video card (oh god can I hear it), and I notice a red LED that turns on because right next to 6-pin connector slot isn't plug in. I was just wonder if you can run it without the 6-pin PCIe connector, because I could run my MSI 9800GTX without it (although at the cost of performence).
 
yes, that 6 pin connector is needed to get the video card to display at all. I can't believe that ATI left a molex to PCI epxress adapter out of my 650$ x1900XTX, I was bummed, thankfully I do have one from my 6800gt, and a new sli compatible powersupply (thanks Nvidia!)
 
yep, hwat psu you have

and dosent that model have a extermal powersupply
 
Back
Top