• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Athlon64 3200+ Venice OC problems

L3nn0x

n00b
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
26
Using Eclipse's guide to the best I could, I was able to find the limit of my FSB and CPU. I didn't do the Memory test because I didn't quite understand how that was going to fit into the equation.

Anyways, my results are FSB max @ 318 and CPU max @ 267 [1.475volts]. I'm using a Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu to cool my cpu. My problem is when I try to overclock using 1:1 memory settings, 210+ FSB and 10x cpu multi.... I can't even get windows to load. So basically I can like overclock 100mhz wooptie doo. I'm wondering if it's because my ram is set up kind of bad. I'm using a 512mb Corsair XMS 3200-LL (2.3.2.6) and a 512 Corsair XMS3200-XL (2.2.2.5) chip in dual channel. It works when the timings are at (2.3.2.6). However, I am wondering if this is causing issues in other areas such as overclocking.

I'm not sure what to do. Currently I'm just running stock until I can figure out this OC issue.

System Specs:
AMD Athlon64 3200+ Venice
DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra-D
512mb XMS320LL + 512mb XMS3200XL
BFG6800GT
 
I would guess it's your memory too. Since A64 performance depends overwhelmingly on clock speed, I would not worry so much about running tighter timings.
 
So basically, having ram divided and being able to get a higher clock speed is going to end up being better performance I take it? How does that effect the Dual Channel aspect? How big of a difference in performance is running dual channel over single channel?
 
But a divider in and you will be set.

For 278fsb [2.5GH] my 3000+ uses 5/6 dividers.

u dont have the greatist ram so use like 3/4 or sumtin like that wutever wrks.
 
Dual channel performance boost over single channel is 2% at worst, 5% at best.
 
Back
Top