• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Athlon XP 2700 Overclocks?

amohedas

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
230
I have overclocked my 2700 to 2.345 Ghz. I increased the frontside bus to 180. It does get pretty hot when priming, but it is stable. Had to increase the vcore too.

Just wanted to know what other people have overclocked to!

PS I am using a coolermaster led fan (about 34cfm) with a thermalright slk900A
 
seems like the processor could overclock better. im assuming the multi is locked. if ur multi is unlocked definately lower it than raise the fsb.
 
sittin here typing this on a XP2700@ 2400MHz(12x200) on an NF7-S temps arent that bad really, ive got the Vcore at 1.825 in BIOS, reads 1.8 even in windoze...im kinda thinkin that is a tad bit overkill on vcore so im gonna mess with it tomm after work and see what i can do...ive tried 12.5x200 and no dice, so obviously its not the memory since im running PC3200LL and i doubt its the chipset holding back, im just thinkin my proc just doesnt like running at 2500MHz, itll post and all but i cant seem to get it stable in Windoze...=/ o well, 2400MHz is still pretty fast IMO...
 
I dont think my processor is unlocked. Last time I tried to change the cpu multi it wouldnt boot, and I had to clear the cmos. I have mine at 13x185 with 1.7 vcore. I am about to do some stability tests we'll see how it goes.
 
Back
Top