• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Athlon XP 2500+ Mobile Barton compatability

spotpuff

Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2001
Messages
522
Does anyone know where to find a list of motherboards compatible with 2500+ Mobiles?

The prices are pretty good ($129CDN) and I might be interested in picking one up, but I'm not sure. I am currently running a Biostar IDEQ 200N.
 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but any board capable of 2500+ should be right for it. The mobile just allows for frequency control, and eliminates some cache and some pipelines in the interest of heat. Windows 2000 and above handle the speed via power profiles, in cooperation with an ACPI BIOS.
 
M11 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but any board capable of 2500+ should be right for it. The mobile just allows for frequency control, and eliminates some cache and some pipelines in the interest of heat. Windows 2000 and above handle the speed via power profiles, in cooperation with an ACPI BIOS.

Er, there is no elimination of pipelines or cache. That would kill performance completely.

Some motherboards will not boot if you plug a mobile athlon into the socket; the only difference is a/re some bridges that are connected on top of the CPU package, but I've read on some other forums that after people modded their athlons to be "mobile" their machines won't boot; that's why I was wondering.
 
M11 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but any board capable of 2500+ should be right for it. The mobile just allows for frequency control, and eliminates some cache and some pipelines in the interest of heat. Windows 2000 and above handle the speed via power profiles, in cooperation with an ACPI BIOS.
m11 ur on crack talking about mobiles..... quit posting stuff about them till u get a better understanding of how they work. read my post back in my thread.

mobiles should work. if it doesn't then just mod it back to a regular XP
 
ALL4AMD said:
m11 ur on crack talking about mobiles..... quit posting stuff about them till u get a better understanding of how they work. read my post to back in my thread.

mobiles should work. if it doesn't then just mod it back to a regular XP


LMAO :D
 
M11 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but any board capable of 2500+ should be right for it. The mobile just allows for frequency control, and eliminates some cache and some pipelines in the interest of heat. Windows 2000 and above handle the speed via power profiles, in cooperation with an ACPI BIOS.

Jesus, I just read your post from another thread; "Overclocking AXP mobiles is not a good idea because they underclock themselves to save power"... wtf. Stop posting if you're going to post retardedly inaccurate information. Either you're a moron or you're doing this on purpose, either way, just stop. Arg, now my head hurts.
 
Any decent overclocking mobo should do. You want to make sure the multiplier and voltage can be adjusted. Dual channel memory support with a 200+ fsb is a good option.
 
Since you were asking, Epox 8rda3+ works perfectly with one. Have it stable @ 12*215 (Mobo will not break 220 for some reason, a bit pissed... but it works).
 
Back
Top