Athlon X2 BE-2400 Brisbane 2.3GHz OEM $30.00 FS

this is a great little cpu, but you guys dont need good OCing mobos, BC its a BE which means unlocked multi (right?) and there for no strain on the motherboard FSB just on the CPU..... so other than voltage controls it doesnt really matter what FSB the mobo can hit.... from my understanding

this is a great little cpu, but you guys dont need good OCing mobos, BC its a BE which means unlocked multi (right?) and there for no strain on the motherboard FSB just on the CPU..... so other than voltage controls it doesnt really matter what FSB the mobo can hit.... from my understanding

no it is not a black edition it is a low power edition which does not have an unlocked multi like the black edition

no it is not a black edition it is a low power edition which does not have an unlocked multi like the black edition

Yeah. This is a different "B E". Hehe. Maybe "Badass Efficiency"???

Find out soon. Mine comes in tomorrow. Goodbye 50c at idle underclocked 4600!!!!!

Already got mine :D

Sadly no board to use it on at the moment. I would have got a board with it but, I was short on cash and didn't want to pass this deal up.

got mine yesterday, looks like a nice chip,
3.0Ghz 1.35v on Giga 780G w/ cheap Thermaltake cooler.

just ordered and forgot to add my coupon. I got it for the free web cam. I just emailed newegg and told them I forgot to add the coupon hopefully they will add it on there for me.

just ordered and forgot to add my coupon. I got it for the free web cam. I just emailed newegg and told them I forgot to add the coupon hopefully they will add it on there for me.
Newegg does not allow a coupon to be applied to a combo item I beleive. However it will be interesting to know how newegg takes care of it.

Newegg does not allow a coupon to be applied to a combo item I beleive. However it will be interesting to know how newegg takes care of it.

O well either way I got a free web cam for recording me not use my new X2.

Dead deal? Cpu now shows 49.99.

Yeah, please move to discussions.

Processor arrived today. Will put it in later when my wife is at her meetings. She's watching TV on our HTPC right now.

By the way, I have it attached to external storage via eSATA and shared over my Gigabit + N wireless router. Every single computer in my house can stream standard or high def tv shows straight off the HTPC, as it is now configured as a home media server (still using Vista Home Premium). It works flawlessly. I was watching a two different shows on two different computers, one wired, and one wireless - at the same time!

This might not be exciting for some of you, but it's the first time I've ever gotten it to work well, and boy does it work great. Vista MCE ftw!!

I just played with it a bit...it seems like a nice OCer,,, Once I really play with it I will put results

These things are really overclockable. I'm testing the one I received this week at 3GHz with only 1.25v and a $7 silent Tt RSI cooler.

These things are really overclockable. I'm testing the one I received this week at 3GHz with only 1.25v and a $7 silent Tt RSI cooler.

Sweet! I'm not going to OC it, because it's in a tiny HTPC case. I'm just hoping my temps drop from the 50c idle they're at now. I'm not real impressed with the Gigabyte 780g board.

Man Newegg just rocks the cocks off check it out. I got this CPU with the free camera and forgot the coupon and got my 10bucks

My Email to newegg:
Hi Newegg, I just ordered this and forgot to add in promo code AMD81210 for Item #: N82E16819103215 I tried to cancel the order so I could add the -10 coupon but it looks like I was too late. Is there anyway you can add that coupon on for me?

Newegg to me:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

As you are our valued customer, I have made a one time exception and submitted $10.00 to your Master Card. Please allow your credit/debit card issuer approximately 3-5 business days to fully process the transaction and make the funds available.

Thank you in advance for your understanding. If you have any further questions or concerns, you may visit our FAQs <http://www.newegg.com/Info/FAQHome.aspx> page.

Best regards,

Kathy Yin

Back in stock at $30.

/edit

Doh! Beaten to the punch. That should teach me to leave my desk before submitting my reply. :p

Does anyone have specific board or chipset recommendations for an ultra low power system? I recall reading something over at silentpc about a SIS chipset but I don't remember which one. I'd like to see 30 watts at the wall idle with an 80plus and one PATA disk (no optical drive). My only requirements are onboard gigabit and IGP. Maybe I'd be better off waiting for an Atom solution...?

Does anyone have specific board or chipset recommendations for an ultra low power system? I recall reading something over at silentpc about a SIS chipset but I don't remember which one. I'd like to see 30 watts at the wall idle with an 80plus and one PATA disk (no optical drive). My only requirements are onboard gigabit and IGP. Maybe I'd be better off waiting for an Atom solution...?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813153114&Tpk=jnc62k

I used that board in my build, but I didn't do any power testing. Anyway, it is a mini-ITX solution and it shouldn't be very power hungry. If you use the power saving features such as Cool'n'Quiet, standby, turn off hard drive due to inactivity, etc.. you'll have a really quick low-power machine. A pico-PSU should power it all just fine. The pico-psu is over 90% efficient.

But yeah.. I believe an Atom solution still would use less power. It's all up to what you want to do.. The AMD solution would be much more robust though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813153114&Tpk=jnc62k

I used that board in my build, but I didn't do any power testing. Anyway, it is a mini-ITX solution and it shouldn't be very power hungry. If you use the power saving features such as Cool'n'Quiet, standby, turn off hard drive due to inactivity, etc.. you'll have a really quick low-power machine. A pico-PSU should power it all just fine. The pico-psu is over 90% efficient.

But yeah.. I believe an Atom solution still would use less power. It's all up to what you want to do.. The AMD solution would be much more robust though.

Thanks for the suggestion. It lead me to this chart which shows at-the-wall power usage for the JNC62K with a BE-2350 up against boards based on the 7100, G35, 690G, and 780G chipsets. I've been searching for a chart like that. Sadly, nothing idles under 50 watts. i guess I have to wait for an Atom + 945GSE solution.

Yup, I've seen that chart before, I just forgot where it was at. I'm waiting for the new Atom as well, or some better Atom mobos to at least appear on the market.

It lead me to this chart which shows at-the-wall power usage for the JNC62K with a BE-2350 up against boards based on the 7100, G35, 690G, and 780G chipsets. I've been searching for a chart like that. Sadly, nothing idles under 50 watts.
The problem is with the PSU choice, the same mistake THG made a few weeks ago. Don't let the (poor) PSU choice discourage you.

I mentioned above that I have my BE-2400 configured with 4GB (4 DIMMs) on a GF7025 board with a DVD burner and 320GB hard drive. The system draw is 36W (CPU @ 2.3GHz) from the wall at idle/light load under Windows XP and Ubuntu. The PSU I have in the SFF case isn't a higher efficiency model, just an older Enhance 200W ATX 12V model. This one: http://www.globalwinusa.com/products/case/yccs27.html Even overclocked to 3GHz, it idles drawing only 45W from the wall.

The problem is with the PSU choice, the same mistake THG made a few weeks ago. Don't let the (poor) PSU choice discourage you.

I mentioned above that I have my BE-2400 configured with 4GB (4 DIMMs) on a GF7025 board with a DVD burner and 320GB hard drive. The system draw is 36W (CPU @ 2.3GHz) from the wall at idle/light load under Windows XP and Ubuntu. The PSU I have in the SFF case isn't a higher efficiency model, just an older Enhance 200W ATX 12V model. This one: http://www.globalwinusa.com/products/case/yccs27.html Even overclocked to 3GHz, it idles drawing only 45W from the wall.

Wow, efficiency of the PSU used in that review is really poor at these low watts. Talk about an oversight!

Is the GeForce 8200 the lowest power AM2 chipset or are there better choices?

It's pretty hard for me to justify shelling out $150 for a motherboard to match a $30 processor. Even a $60 board seems spendy when some of Intel's mITX offerings include a processor for $60-70.

My processor requirements are pretty low. This would be replacing a 1Ghz PIII that averages less than 10% load.

I really like this cpu - coolest ever -

However I found myself thinking the same thing. Looking around forums you can get a good intel mobo for around the same price of a good Am2+ mobo (50-75) and for slightly more $ a much MORE powerful chip. For my situation at least.

Back