Athlon X2 and SN25P Overclocks... What are you getting?

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
Those of you who have a Shuttle SN25P and a Athlon X2 (which are quite a few of you)

What are you getting for Temps and Overclocks?

Thanks

Devii said:
Not over 50C(load) and a 4200+ to 2.5Ghz easy.

What settings in the BIOS for this? I'd like to know what you changed across the board so I can try and do the same... thanks!

I'll just post here USMC2Hard4U hehe. Um.. I really haven't tried to overclock my cpu at all to be honest but to give you some idea of the possibilities, my cpu idles at around 27-31 (with Cool N' Quiet enabled) and 35-37 with full power all the time with my shuttle's fan only set to Noise Level control - Mid (I think it's only 3500 RPM if I remember correctly).

Also to give you another idea of how much this can overclock, the actual stated voltage is between 1.35 - 1.40V depending on the quality of your CPU. Did a few google searchs to confirm this.

http://www.amdboard.com/athlon_64_4400.html
http://www.behardware.com/articles/571-3/dual-core-athlon-64-x2-4800-and-4400.html

Personally, mine chip is currently running at 1.264V and um.... if I bump that up, I think I can get a decent overclock, just putting at stock voltages :p

Here is a screenshot for you!

Ald

I have to say, the x2 chips pwn. I have my 4400 at 2.6ghz easily, with not even that much voltage. (the same as 2 FX-55s). And this is on stock cooling. I dont have teh sn25p however so I cannot say anything about that.

Mine is at 2.42GHZ. I get 52C Load and 30C Idle, this is with 1.38V. I would like to push to 2.6, but heat might be too be a factor for this box at the voltage necessary to sustain it. I am always open to suggestions.

BTW, this is a 4400+

jdogg707 said:
Mine is at 2.42GHZ. I get 52C Load and 30C Idle, this is with 1.38V. I would like to push to 2.6, but heat might be too be a factor for this box at the voltage necessary to sustain it. I am always open to suggestions.

BTW, this is a 4400+

My 4400 at 2.6ghz loads around 45-47*c. Stock cooling. I have 1.45 volts in it right now, but I was able to hit 2.6ghz fine with 1.4v. Make sure your mosfets are cool also....

cpuz6kk.jpg

Back