Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
calvin_q said:Water cooling is![]()
What parts in a dream system? All I can afford is the basics.
DFI Daishi said:well, as a rule, watercooling questions should be posted in the watercooling section........
my own dream watercooling system, for straight up watercooling, would have an iwaki MD30RLT pump, a thermochill 120.3 rad, a little river storm G5 CPU waterblock, a SLI configured pair of dangerden NV-68 GPU waterblocks, 5/8" brass fittings all around, and tygon R3603 1/2" tubing. good old T line to fill and bleed it, though.
unless you really want me to start foaming at the mouth, don't ask for the rest of the component list.
thermochill rads are some of the best out there.J-M-E said:Thanks for that tip. Are thermochill radiators better than Dangerden?
DFI Daishi said:well, as a rule, watercooling questions should be posted in the watercooling section........
my own dream watercooling system, for straight up watercooling, would have an iwaki MD30RLT pump, a thermochill 120.3 rad, a little river storm G5 CPU waterblock, a SLI configured pair of dangerden NV-68 GPU waterblocks, 5/8" brass fittings all around, and tygon R3603 1/2" tubing. good old T line to fill and bleed it, though.
unless you really want me to start foaming at the mouth, don't ask for the rest of the component list.
opposite design methodology.Pooky said:While mine is the complete opposite, with:
An Innovatek HPPS on Power Mode (basically turns the pump into an Eheim 1048) with a silver Aqua Computer Cuplex Pro, a pair of Alphacool NVXP-2's, a Watercool Silentstar HD Dual HDD cooler, both an Innovatek Tank O Matic external and an Aqua Computer Black Aquatube. All cooled by an Innovatek Ultra sized passive rad and a single Black Ice Pro, just in case.
Pooky said:While mine is the complete opposite, with:
An Innovatek HPPS on Power Mode (basically turns the pump into an Eheim 1048) with a silver Aqua Computer Cuplex Pro, a pair of Alphacool NVXP-2's, a Watercool Silentstar HD Dual HDD cooler, both an Innovatek Tank O Matic external and an Aqua Computer Black Aquatube. All cooled by an Innovatek Ultra sized passive rad and a single Black Ice Pro, just in case.
Happy Hopping said:Okay, when you use the water cool HD dual HDD cooler, what good does it do? The motor noise of the hard drive is still there. I can see the logic of water cool CPU / gPU, but why bother w/ HD?
Happy Hopping said:Well, the only reason I go w/ water cooling is that I don't need to hear the noise.
These days, the hard drives all have 5 yr. warranty anyway, so I don't care about the heat gain. So you water cool your hard drive, but you stuck w/ the same noise level?
Happy Hopping said:Well, the only reason I go w/ water cooling is that I don't need to hear the noise.
These days, the hard drives all have 5 yr. warranty anyway, so I don't care about the heat gain. So you water cool your hard drive, but you stuck w/ the same noise level?
J-M-E said:Im looking to put together a water cooling system for my athlon 64 dream system
What would be some recommended parts to use? (pump\resivoir\radiator\waterblocks)
barry6743 said:My $0.02 worth. My machine runs at 22C Idle and 35C Loaded.
All hardware cooling is inside the case.
Warriorprophet said:The koolance "300W" waterblock is so easy to use its sickening, with an exos-al it performs nicely and will take you all of about 5 minutes to setup. Or if you wanna stay homebrew they have a 1/2" ID version. I'm thinking of slapping the 1/2" version on this old S478 kit I have and putting it in my system now that I found a nice stable overclock.
Or else just customize a kit from someone like dangerden. The RDX is a sweet block too. Those kits are pretty pretty cheap too, and will probably perform better then off the shelf stuff. Not really any reason to peacemeal out parts unless you wanna scrounge stuff from local junkyards to save even more $$$.