Athlon 64 board and ram issues

ThisMonsterLives

[H]ard|Gawd
I've read about people having problems with Athlon 64 motherboards and certain types of ram.

I have 2 sticks of Corsair CMX512-3200LLPT and plan to get an Asus K8V SE Deluxe. I'm curious if anyone knows if there might be any issues
with this ram and that board.

Apparently some boards need the version 1.1 Corsair I believe.

I'd hold off on the 64, since AMD is in the process of changing their pin numbers on the 64.

the current arrangement is going to continue production as a sort of budget range chip, while the new 939s are going to be the top of the line stuff. but if you ask me, the 754s are still damn good and theres not a big reason to wait unless you want the real good shit.

S939 will cost a fortune, go S754 now, and get a top of the line processor later when the prices drop, or go to S939 then, most peeps buy new motherboards when they buy new chips anyway.

going back to original question, before the Corsair XL came out, the LL chips were THE chips to use with the K8V SE Deluxe, just make sure you set the timings manually and use 2.7 volts.

Rob

There's no way I'm gonna buy a $700+ chip. Not until I win the lottery anyway.

Anyway cool hopefully everything will work out I will have an Athlon 64 3200+ to pop in the board.

That corsair would work with the MSI K8T800 and now the pro, so it should be cool with just about any 64 board.

If you are waiting for anything, wait to get the Nforce 250 boards. That might be the only reason to wait. Should be readily available within the next few weeks.

I am running corsair pro series on my A64 MSI K8T800 with no issues.

On a side note, I'm aware the Asus K8V SE Deluxe has 2 SATA raid controllers. Which one should I use? The Promise?

Back