At Work Only do you have 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 monitors?

How many monitors do you work with at work?

• Total voters

frankyk

Gawd
I'm just curious, for all those who are working, do you have 1, 2, or maybe even 3 monitors?

PLEASE POST WHAT INDUSTRY YOU WORK IN, I'm curious to see what businesses have it and which do not. Also post if you asked for it and if you got it or it was denied.

For me, I work in the Insurance industry and I asked for a dual monitor setup and even said I'd bring in my own stuff and they said no.

2x 19" Cicero LCD monitors. Really shitty viewing angles, but everything else is pretty good for a TN.

Using UltraMon is awesome too ;)

Two Dell E193FP's on a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 285. *SIGH* Yay for Dell Workstations!

Currently have two 21"(or 22") ViewSonice monitors, both which I hate, but they get my job done, and I am currently a draftsman.

Those who have 2... Your IT allows you to have 2? Home bought or Company owned? What's their policy?

IT, full time telecommuter.

My company issues me a laptop, and we are allowed to use personal equipment as well.

I currently run 2 x 2405's on my main work setup.

I work in sound production and recording; at work I have a PowerMac G5 and a pretty generic Dell Pentium 4 box. Between the two, I have a 24" Apple Cinema Display that I share between the two computers depending on which I'm using and a 19" BenQ screen that serves as a secondary display for my Mac.

i work at an insurance company. all i have is a shitty 17" dell CRT that kills my eyes every second i look at it.

Should have had more options, such as "3 or more". Everyone in my office has 4 or more monitors on their desk. I've just added 2, for six total.

Best,

Liquid Cool

Main workstation at work has two Dell 1905FPs flanking a 2405FP. Are we doing hooked up to one computer or total in use?

At work i use two monitors, Both Hanns-G 19inch widescreens. I have on average 10 to 15 windows open at one time(Programmer/IT) so I need the screen area. And it is supplied by the company.

I work at PayPal. Almost every computer has 2 monitors, and every computer is a Dell. All of the newer computers have 2 - 17" LCDs, not sure on the model.

Telecommunications -

I had 2 24" Dell widescreens up until a few weeks ago. Was moved into a new department and I now have 8 Dell 20" monitors in a 4x2 array. The new job involves watching alarms and waiting for stuff to break. I hate it. It's like staring at the sun.

I have 2 lcd's.

18" Dell Ultrasharp
17" Princeton (its all they had left on the storage shelf)

I am a web designer and work in the manufacturing industry

I have 2 19" HP LCDs connected to a laptop. 1 DVI 1 VGA. I suppose If I wanted I could use the laptop LCD as well.

I work for a utility company. Computer and network support.

network engineer for a telecom company

2x 19" widescreen lcd's for my workstation + 17" crt on a monitoring box.

I bought the lcd's and expensed them. I also use my personal 17" dell laptop daily at work.

I have four 19" NEC lcd's. I asked and I received. I can't read text on one of them though because it's a tiny bit blurry and it gives me a headache.

I work for a big railway in Canada.

I'm tech support and development and I have two monitors and soon to be three (need a new workstation).

I work in IT for a credit union. We are an IBM-only shop so I have three crappy overpriced 17" IBM LCDs when I probably could have gotten a different brand's (read: Dell) 19"s or 20"s for the same price, BUT then they wouldn't say "IBM" on the bezel which is against the rules apparently. That badge makes it ok to overspend :rolleyes: .

Car washes and computers = me not getting one b/c I'm a peon there

You would think after being enlisted in the military and going to the Naval Academy and majoring in IT (resigned after 2 years) someone would at least be interested. But, nothing. So, I'm stuck.

2x Dell 1707FP's hooked up to my laptop via the docking station. I cant work without 2 monitors.

2x cheap Dell 19"

We might be upgrading to 2x Dell 22" but I work in graphics and animation and I want better quality screens than these 6-bit cheap screens. :rolleyes:

Video production: We use 2 x 19" LCDs in the Avid edit suites, plus 32" CRT viewing monitors. We're starting to get the HD workflow down...

Internship for IBM over the summer (doing Javascript and DB2 crap), had two monitors, laptop screen, and a dedicated NASA TV monitor (don't tell).

Who needs desk space :p ?

Programmer here. We get a laptop and an extra screen to go with it--I guess that counts as 2 screens, right? So I'm on a 17" laptop (WUXGA 1900x1200 screen) + crappy 19" (1440x900) at the office. Wow, talk about pixel pitch difference :) Most days I telecommute though, so I use the laptop with my NEC 20" (1600x1200) at home.

Old job as a notebook tech I had dual monitors. Both were 17 inch crts.

New job I do IT consulting. Just have my notebooks.

2x Samsung 204B (20" 1600x1200)

I'm an artist for Sony Games, I use Maya and Photoshop. I hate these crappy TN monitors with a passion but they are, sort of, ok for doing what I do. One up side is it make going home to the NEC LCD20WGX2 a nice supprise... every day =).

Help Desk Support for 2 specific applications.

They recently took my old 19 inch CRT and have given us 2 new 17 inch ViewSonic monitors I installed my set personally.. TN panels, but good enough to still load up my microATX comp on the second and play some games! :D

Software Developer. 2 LCDs, one work provided (Dell 2001fp), one i brought in (cheapo 15" widescreen). I asked and asked and IT never bothered to get me the splitter cable from Dell that would allow me to use two monitors. So, i bought the $10 cable myself and brought in a spare LCD from home.

Systems admin at a printing company. 15" powerbook screen and 20" widescreen Dell.

i have 3 computers within 4 feet of one another.
1 monitor for each.
2 PCs and a POS Macintosh.

i work on a printing press.
all the people in the graphics department here have 2 monitors. im the only one with 3 computers though. :p

3 for me. I have my laptop with dual view, and then my unbuntu box. 2 - 19" Dell LCDs and the laptop LCD.

Back