At what point did I rip this buyer off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We agreed on I returning the drive. he just made this thread because I left him a neutral heat when he left one for me this morning and he sent money in my account. trying to prove he did no wrong doing.

At what specific point did we agree to return the drive? You simply stated that if you ever did not to be mad that it was 3 weeks late.

Your presumption as to why I made this thread is wrong, again. As I stated in the original post of this thread, "I am utterly confused as to what went wrong here or who is at fault. I would welcome comments & observations from some fresh eyes." That is why I made the thread - to get feedback from others so that I do not ever walk into a hornet's nest of this magnitude ever again.

Now, would you please stop assuming you can think for me and that you know why I performed a specific action or made a specific statement. The last time I checked, I am pretty certain you were not residing inside my brain, pulling strings, firing neurons, and reading my emails....

No, as I stated in the original thread, "I am utterly confused as to what went wrong here or who is at fault. I would welcome comments & observations from some fresh eyes." That is why I made the thread.

Now, would you please stop assuming you can think for me and that you know why I performed a specific action or made a specific statement. The last time I checked, I am pretty certain you were not residing inside my brain, pulling strings, firing neurons, and reading my emails....

what? what are you talking about? Our deal was finished as I was returning the drive and you send money after you receive the drive in our 3rd corresponding email.

You decided to leave me a neutral heatware because you thought you had the power to give me neutral because I had gave you a positive one prior. When I gave you a neutral heatware you made this thread.

guess what? We are not at staples. :(

Hmm, lets think about this. You got a hard drive from someone who promised it would not be DOA. You announce, on a public website, that the drive is not DOA. (DOA stands for Dead on Arrival just so you know). 2 weeks later the drive fails. This sort of thing can happen to a fresh drive.

All I'm trying to say is this: there has to be some sort of limited return policy. For Staples, it's 14 days. For JPS, it's weather the drive is broken or not ON ARRIVAL. He's offering to help you out 14 days later, when the drive may have (most likely) borked out in your system. Just take his offer and see if you can salvage whats left of your trade rep.

***EDIT****
what? what are you talking about? Our deal was finished as I was returning the drive and you send money after you receive the drive in our 3rd corresponding email.

You decided to leave me a neutral heatware because you thought you had the power to give me neutral because I had gave you a positive one prior. When I gave you a neutral heatware you made this thread.

Didn't he just ask you to stop thinking you know what goes on in his head? Who the hell do you think you are anyway? You know your point of view, stick with that.

At what specific point did we agree to return the drive? You simply stated that if you ever did not to be mad that it was 3 weeks late.

Your presumption as to why I made this thread is wrong, again. As I stated in the original post of this thread, "I am utterly confused as to what went wrong here or who is at fault. I would welcome comments & observations from some fresh eyes." That is why I made the thread - to get feedback from others so that I do not ever walk into a hornet's nest of this magnitude ever again.

Post a .pdf of the refund receipt. Also, you don't know which house you're going to live in of the "more than one" you're buying? Use your work address, or is your office moving as well?

I've been fucked for a $60 car part before, and it IS infact a common practice for people to sell 1 thing MANY TIMES or unload broken/damaged goods for cash. Of course I, and no one else here, knows the truth of what's going on, so we're taking sides.

JPS: If you have truly refunded his money, then STFU and walk away. Be the bigger man and go on with things, if in fact you have cleared your conscience. You cannot, and will never be able to, stop anyone from talking badly about you.

Marvelous: Post a tracking number to the forum when JPS gives you a working address to send it back to. So we can all track it. Shippers don't show the exact address when tracking, so people won't see JPS's personal info, IIRC.

Basically, we have text based emails and a message board as proof? Columbo would have a shit fit.

Throw up some REAL proof, or STFU. Both of you. $40+ all told, jesus. One of you is wrong, one is right. Own up or shut up.

Marvelous, I am done dealing with you and corresponding in this thread or over email with you.

We are moving, buying two houses (one to live in and the other as an investment), and my employer will be changing as well so I do not have a work address (yet) to send to.

As for the proof:

Page 1: http://blueocto.com/Page_1_Transaction_Details.pdf
Page 2: http://blueocto.com/Page_2_Transaction_Details.pdf
Page 3: http://blueocto.com/Page_3_Transaction_Details.pdf

JPS - you've done all you could to salvage this deal but Marvelous insists on being a jerk. When buying parts, no one should ever expect the seller to pay any amount of shipping unless the part is DOA. If I got a drive that died within 2 weeks of receiving it, I would grumble a bit and RMA it. NOT A BIG DEAL.

There are some people out there that are simply out to cause trouble, dodge responsibility, and make life miserable for others. Marvelous is one of those people. Something very similar to this happened to me in an ebay transaction. Product didn't arrive until almost 2 weeks after I paid for it. Auction said item would ship 2 days after purchase. Asked for shipping updates all during that time with no response. Once I received the item (postmarked 3 days ago, so seller took their sweet time shipping) I gave seller neutral feedback since it took so long to ship and they would never respond to my inquiries. Seller gave me negative feedback for no other reason than to spite me.

Not sure if my opinion matters, but if the seller tested the drive, and then the buyer tested the drive once he recieved it... this deal shouldve gone smoother. I would also be hesitant to approve a refund for a drive I sold two weeks ago.

Post a .pdf of the refund receipt. Also, you don't know which house you're going to live in of the "more than one" you're buying? Use your work address, or is your office moving as well?

I've been fucked for a $60 car part before, and it IS infact a common practice for people to sell 1 thing MANY TIMES or unload broken/damaged goods for cash. Of course I, and no one else here, knows the truth of what's going on, so we're taking sides.

JPS: If you have truly refunded his money, then STFU and walk away. Be the bigger man and go on with things, if in fact you have cleared your conscience. You cannot, and will never be able to, stop anyone from talking badly about you.

Marvelous: Post a tracking number to the forum when JPS gives you a working address to send it back to. So we can all track it. Shippers don't show the exact address when tracking, so people won't see JPS's personal info, IIRC.

Basically, we have text based emails and a message board as proof? Columbo would have a shit fit.

Throw up some REAL proof, or STFU. Both of you. $40+ all told, jesus. One of you is wrong, one is right. Own up or shut up.

That's what I'm trying to the boy doesn't want to give me his address. I told him give it to me when he knows his new address.

Marvelous, I am done dealing with you and corresponding in this thread or over email with you.

We are moving, buying two houses (one to live in and the other as an investment), and my employer will be changing as well so I do not have a work address (yet) to send to.

As for the proof:

Page 1: http://blueocto.com/Page_1_Transaction_Details.pdf
Page 2: http://blueocto.com/Page_2_Transaction_Details.pdf
Page 3: http://blueocto.com/Page_3_Transaction_Details.pdf

Thanks for the .pdf's, looks good to me as far as I can tell.

Also, I meant that even if you're buying 2 houses, you know their addresses, no? The point is that you'll have a point of life (for post office if nothing else).

Anyway, you've refunded him. Go enjoy life. One bad experience shouldn't taint the rest. And you lost $40, no biggie. Enjoy the houses.

That's what I'm trying to the boy doesn't want to give me his address. I told him give it to me when he knows his new address.

But he gave your money back. He doesn't want the drive. His address is the Hitachi RMA center or the trash can next to you.

It didn't work out, but if he gave you back your money AND you still have the product (which you can repair), you made out and he did everything that *I* feel he should do, actually more than should do.

Be angry if ya want, but move on.

Btw, you can get NEW drives for $40 that are larger. www.slickdeals.net and shop!

Edit: Status: Uncleared (Expected Clearing Date: Jun. 29, 2007), so post again if that does not clear.

Not sure if my opinion matters, but if the seller tested the drive, and then the buyer tested the drive once he recieved it... this deal shouldve gone smoother. I would also be hesitant to approve a refund for a drive I sold two weeks ago.

I did not test the drive. All I did was install it and used it. When I added more stuff to the drive the drive simply malfunctions., I would get frequent lock ups and wouldn't boot into windows with the drive hooked up to my computer.

As stated before, at this point, I simply do not want the drive...there has to be some bad karma on it now...

But he gave your money back. He doesn't want the drive. His address is the Hitachi RMA center or the trash can next to you.

It didn't work out, but if he gave you back your money AND you still have the product (which you can repair), you made out and he did everything that *I* feel he should do, actually more than should do.

Be angry if ya want, but move on.

Btw, you can get NEW drives for $40 that are larger. www.slickdeals.net and shop!

Edit: Status: Uncleared (Expected Clearing Date: Jun. 29, 2007), so post again if that does not clear.

I don't want to make out. I want to return the drive to him because this is what I had told him. Deal is a deal.

I don't want to make out. I want to return the drive to him because this is what I had told him. Deal is a deal.

Right, I can understand honor. But he also does not want it. You cannot force it on him.

You're making good by offering, but he refuses. Nothing you can do.

If you want, ship me the drive, I'll pay for shipping and to test it.

I want to offer up a "Thank You" and a promise to buy a beer (next time I see you at the pub) for each and everyone one of you who has waded into this quagmire, taken the time to read it, and then bothered to post your insights, thoughts, and comments. If nothing more, I have learned a ton and it has been rather cathartic at the same time. :D

Right, I can understand honor. But he also does not want it. You cannot force it on him.

You're making good by offering, but he refuses. Nothing you can do.

If you want, ship me the drive, I'll pay for shipping and to test it.

He can't force it on me either. I feel abused if I don't send the drive back. I'm returning it to his old address if I have to.

I feel abused if I don't send the drive back. I'm returning it to his old address if I have to.

Actually, you can always pay it forward. Give it to someone who needs a new drive, letting them know it's not working right. They can RMA it, getting a new drive for a little elbow grease and chump change. You can be the mature one, giving something to another person out of the kindness of your heart. Win/Win situation.

Just my opinion, but let the drive get used rather than lost in the mail.

I'll take the beer next time you're in Atlanta.

Born and raised in Atlanta, though not currently there or moving anywhere close. Still have my folks and a sister there so I come down 2 or 3 times a year. Where abouts are you located? My folks are in Dunwoody/Sandy Springs and the sister and family are near Chastain park

Born and raised in Atlanta, though not currently there or moving anywhere close. Still have my folks and a sister there so I come down 2 or 3 times a year. Where abouts are you located? My folks are in Dunwoody/Sandy Springs and the sister and family are near Chastain park

Right across from Peachtree Dekalb Airport, off Clairmont. Should be moving to Dunwoody in a year or so when the developers (hopefully) buy my house for a teardown. The $800k's are on the street now. Kinda sucks from a "want to live in a old school neighborhood" perspective. But nice for the cash.

Ask them how the storm was last night :) Truck's got a few new hood dings from tree limbs :(

Anyway, move on from this guy. It took me a while from my retarded purchase, and it just ate at me. Not worth the anger.

I want to offer up a "Thank You" and a promise to buy a beer (next time I see you at the pub) for each and everyone one of you who has waded into this quagmire, taken the time to read it, and then bothered to post your insights, thoughts, and comments. If nothing more, I have learned a ton and it has been rather cathartic at the same time. :D

What was this thread for? our deal was finished 2 days ago when I agreed to returning the drive and you had agreed to pay half the shipping back. I had told you it might take a little while because I don't drive and is out of the way because you didn't want to paypal for shipping charges.

You just wanted to get your neutral heatware removed. I'm your customer not the people giving remarks. They're the last ones you need to worry about.

I haven't sewed anyone in my life so you can rest assure. :D

You're attempt at humor won't get you off all the DNT lists that I'm sure you are on now.

BTW: DNT means Do Not Trade

Oh, and BTW means By The Way

You're attempt at humor won't get you off all the DNT lists that I'm sure you are on now.

BTW: DNT means Do Not Trade

Oh, and BTW means By The Way

Good I don't deal with newbies unless they ship to me first. :rolleyes:

Right across from Peachtree Dekalb Airport, off Clairmont. Should be moving to Dunwoody in a year or so when the developers (hopefully) buy my house for a teardown. The $800k's are on the street now. Kinda sucks from a "want to live in a old school neighborhood" perspective. But nice for the cash.

Ask them how the storm was last night :) Truck's got a few new hood dings from tree limbs :(

Anyway, move on from this guy. It took me a while from my retarded purchase, and it just ate at me. Not worth the anger.

I'm in Norcross. Moved here 2 years ago. I hate it here. Only reason I moved out here was to get away but it seems I can't.

Everyone just chill. It looks like you're both honest people here and there was a bit of miscommunication. What it sounds like is Marvelous believes that JPS sold him a dead drive on purpose. He believes this because the drive wasn't as advertised and coincidentally it "died" a couple weeks later which looks suspicious. Marvelous you should have tested the drive when you first got it. As for JPS, I don't know what you want. Marvelous left you positive feedback on Heat and then you decide to leave him neutral. Afterwards he decides to leave you neutral feedback and now you're all pissed and want the feedback removed. Now that you refunded him the money you should give him your mailing address so he can ship you the drive back. Otherwise you're just causing more issues here as you're making Marvelous look like a ass (which I'm sure he's not.. it sounds like he's a decent guy and he doesn't want to rip off anyone or have anything on his conscious)

IMO I hope the guys from heatware don't decide to remove the neutral feedback unless you both (JPS & Marvelous) mutually agree on it because that would defeat the purpose of heatware..

My $.02..

Everyone just chill. It looks like you're both honest people here and there was a bit of miscommunication. What it sounds like is Marvelous believes that JPS sold him a dead drive on purpose. He believes this because the drive wasn't as advertised and coincidentally it "died" a couple weeks later which looks suspicious. Marvelous you should have tested the drive when you first got it. As for JPS, I don't know what you want. Marvelous left you positive feedback on Heat and then you decide to leave him neutral. Afterwards he decides to leave you neutral feedback and now you're all pissed and want the feedback removed. Now that you refunded him the money you should give him your mailing address so he can ship you the drive back. Otherwise you're just causing more issues here as you're making Marvelous look like a ass (which I'm sure he's not.. it sounds like he's a decent guy and he doesn't want to rip off anyone or have anything on his conscious)

IMO I hope the guys from heatware don't decide to remove the neutral feedback unless you both (JPS & Marvelous) mutually agree on it because that would defeat the purpose of heatware..

My $.02..

Honestly, I want nothing at this point. I started this thread simply seek advice from others on what the correct course of action is/was and what their take on how the deal transpired was. That is all I have been looking for in this thread.

I left neutral feedback this morning because I did not think the deal was bad, it was neutral. There were issues with the deal that we are both accountable for and I feel that I bent out of my way to meet the buyer more than halfway in resolving the issues. In return all I received initially from the buyer were a series of emails wherein he increasingly accused me of knowingly selling him bad hardware. I wanted other future traders to be aware that though his overall record is positive, the level of interaction I have had with him the past few days has been anything but pleasant I felt his subsequent eval, that posted after my neutral review, was nothing short of retaliatory and unfounded given the lengths I had gone to salvage the deal from the moment there was any point of concern.

If the drive arrives at my doorstep now, I will take it back and try to do the RMA. But as I have noted, I am moving soon, and the buyer has previously made such an issue about how difficult it was for him to make it to the PO that I figured I would just "let this one go" as a gesture of good faith. The trade has long past the point of money or hardware, it is now simply one of principles. I have done everything possible to salvage the deal and am through with it. If he still feels compelled to ship it back to me, so be it, but I have made it clear I am not expecting anything at this point.

And for the record, I second the request to close this thread. It has been beaten multiple times over.

It does not seem like anything productive is coming from this. Another request for closing of the thread.

Anybody else? Tell me so I never buy anything from you either.

Quit while you're behind. No one who has read this thread will sell to you, it won't be worth the headache of "blah blah, the item was dead on arrival 2 weeks after it arrived, blah blah"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back