AT&T to Offer In-Car Satellite TV Service

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
You think distracted driving is bad right now with the cell phone yakkers and text messaging zombies on the road? You ain’t seen nothing yet. AT&T is releasing an in-car satellite TV & radio service in the spring. Yeah, that’s right: TV.

AT&T Cruisecast, slated to launch this spring, promises 22 channels of satellite TV at launch and 20 more of satellite radio-but will cost serious money: $1299 for the system, and $28 a month for the satellite TV service.

Meh! I see some people watching DVD's on their lap top while driving. Just one more thing to distract ignorant people from paying attention to the road. It's not like driving is a serious responsibility...

I want the tv mounted in the middle of my steering wheel, and volume controls on the side. :cool:

I want killing people who do that to be legally protected in a similar way as the castle doctrine. (For anyone not up on gun politics the castle doctrine removes any requirement to attempt to retreat before using deadly force in protection of self or property.)

Yeah and Sirius doesn't charge 1,300 for it either. ATT needs to spend money expanding UVerse to everybody not on this nonsense. I want my Uverse ATT 30144 is my zipcode so get working on it.

Yeah and Sirius doesn't charge 1,300 for it either. ATT needs to spend money expanding UVerse to everybody not on this nonsense. I want my Uverse ATT 30144 is my zipcode so get working on it.

Perhaps the ATT version will have more than the 3 channels Sirus does?

on a related note- where the hell is cablecards or a economical solution to get full hd cable/sattellite into pc's? the wait for us htpc users has been AWFUL.

ATT needs to spend money expanding UVerse to everybody not on this nonsense. I want my Uverse ATT 30144 is my zipcode so get working on it.

I have been wanting it for quite a while as well, untill they started rolling it out in my area. I stopped into my local newly opened at&t store and they have a large UVerse corner with a pair of HD TV's and a nice leather couch to show off their service. They were showing a football game in HD and it looked like crap. There was so overcompressed and had really bad motion blocking that even with how much i hate comcast i wouldnt touch it with a 10' pole. When i asked the rep about it he said, oh no, someone was playing with the TV and messed up the color settings. I asked him if he could fix it then, he said he couldnt now becasue they were busy, but he would take care of it after they closed. Complete BS i know, but just to give them the benefit of the doubt and since i really hate comcast i stopped in the next weekend and it was the same overcompressed signal i saw the week before.

Back