AT&T Plans

smaug8821

[H]ard|Gawd
What plans does everyone have for AT&T, and how much are they? I'm looking to switch, because I want a BB Bold, but the cheapest plan itself is $90 a month(before taxes) with unlimited messaging and data.

EDIT: More looking at BB users here, as the BB plans are more expensive.

I pay 50USD (before tax) plus another 10USD for the phone as I share a family plan. So in the end I pay probably ~70USD after taxes, and I currently have the HTC Touch Pro. That was one thing I never got with the BB phones is why they charge another 20-30 dollars on the data plans.

I pay 50USD (before tax) plus another 10USD for the phone as I share a family plan. So in the end I pay probably ~70USD after taxes, and I currently have the HTC Touch Pro. That was one thing I never got with the BB phones is why they charge another 20-30 dollars on the data plans.

It's for the push e-mail service, which is pretty important to me at the moment, and probably will be more in the future. I pay about the same right now per month on T-Mobile, with my BB Curve.

I'd consider getting another device if someone could point to one that has a decent e-mail system. Exchange support isn't necessary, although I would like it because I do answer some work e-mails from my phone. Mostly I would want my Gmail to be accessible and easy to work with from the phone.

I pay $61/mo for 400minutes, unlimited internet, and 1500 txt messages. I don't talk much on my phone, it's mainly for txting, email, and internet. I do get a corporate discount though, so it'd normally be about $69.

Ah, I forgot about the corporate discount. I'd get one as well, I've been told it's 15%, which would bring the $90 plan down to $76.50 before taxes. That's not too bad.

My phone works with our Exchange setup and goes all POP/IMAP emails also, though I have been having some problems with it getting emails but that might be because it keeps dropping my data connection. 50USD data plan I pay for gets me unlimited data, text, instant messaging.

My phone works with our Exchange setup and goes all POP/IMAP emails also, though I have been having some problems with it getting emails but that might be because it keeps dropping my data connection. 50USD data plan I pay for gets me unlimited data, text, instant messaging.

What is your bill total every month? The Fuze looks nice, but WinMo tends to scare me off.

Well I have a family share plan I am attached to so I pay 10USD for minutes (I think I share about 500 minutes), another 50USD for the data plan, and then taxes. Usually my bill is under 70USD, but if I had a stand alone plan with minutes I will be paying probably 100-120USD after taxes.

Well I have a family share plan I am attached to so I pay 10USD for minutes (I think I share about 500 minutes), another 50USD for the data plan, and then taxes. Usually my bill is under 70USD, but if I had a stand alone plan with minutes I will be paying probably 100-120USD after taxes.

Oh, sorry, you said that further up the thread.

I'm thinking with the 15% corporate discount, $75 isn't too bad. That's for 450 min, 5000 night and weekend, and unlimited BB messaging and data. With the rollover minutes I should be fine, some months I don't use very many minutes at all.

Oh, sorry, you said that further up the thread.

I'm thinking with the 15% corporate discount, $75 isn't too bad. That's for 450 min, 5000 night and weekend, and unlimited BB messaging and data. With the rollover minutes I should be fine, some months I don't use very many minutes at all.

That actually sounds pretty good with a BB plan, I do not get a corporate discount. :(

We had Cellular One before AT&T bought them out, and I miss it. Our plan with Cellular One was around $120 a month for 2 phones, with unlimited text, data, and minutes. Could call anytime of the day, and talk as long as we wanted.

Now with AT&T, we have a Family Unity plan that at base is $69.99 for 700 SHARED minutes, then tack on to that the extra $35 a month for my iPhone plan (2G used to be $20 a month for unlimited data + 200 messages) which is unlimited data and 200 text messages ($15 more than the previous plan), and then my wife's phone 9 months after we get it, they tell us that the plan was coded wrong, that because her phone has a Qwerty keyboard, that it is classified as a PDA phone. So they changed the Unlimited Media Net package ($35) that gave unlimitied data + text to the PDA + Plan ($50) for the same thing.

So that's $69.99 + $35 + $50 = $154.99 + taxes and surcharges and fees etc...with 700 shared minutes, unlimited data on both, unlimited text on hers, and 200 on mine VS $120 total with unlimited minutes on both, unlimited text on both and unlimited data on both with Cellular.

AT&T sucks. Their plans suck. Their customer service sucks.

But I can't bash them too hard because I live in a rural area, and without AT&T, I would be stuck with dial up or dropping like $700 on the equipment to get a crappy 1.5MB setup from Hughes and $100+ a month for the service.

I have their most basic phone plan, 400 minutes + roll over, 40 dollars or something I dont remember.

Then I have unlimited data with tethering for $40 and then 200 texts a month for 5 or 10 a month.

All said total a month comes to about $95. I have yet to go over half of my minutes a month but I use a ton of data and a lot of texts.

Very happy with the service I have received thusfar.

My current plan is the 75$ Unlmited Data, TXT, 450 minutes with 5000 nights and weekends for 75$ + 10$ tax= 85$ a month. But on saturday, i opted for military discount so it should be cheaper soon. I have the ATT Tilt incase yw

Well, they wanted a $500 deposit from me. So-so credit ftw. I'll probably do it eventually, it's basically just putting $500 in the bank, but I don't really have that kind of money to spare at the moment.

My current plan is the 75$ Unlmited Data, TXT, 450 minutes with 5000 nights and weekends for 75$ + 10$ tax= 85$ a month. But on saturday, i opted for military discount so it should be cheaper soon. I have the ATT Tilt incase yw

Do you know how much the military discount is? And I wonder if other companies offer it. (Namely T-Mobile)

Mines an older family plan, $39.99 main line, $9.99 shared line, 450 minutes shared with rollover, plus $5/mo for 200 text messages. ATT has been good to me. I get reception to the place I go and never a problem.

Do you know how much the military discount is? And I wonder if other companies offer it. (Namely T-Mobile)

I'd like to know this as well. I'm thinking about moving from T-Mo to ATT since T-Mo doesn't have 3G here and I'm tired of 56k like speeds. :(

I have their most basic phone plan, 400 minutes + roll over, 40 dollars or something I dont remember.

Then I have unlimited data with tethering for $40 and then 200 texts a month for 5 or 10 a month.

All said total a month comes to about $95. I have yet to go over half of my minutes a month but I use a ton of data and a lot of texts.

Very happy with the service I have received thusfar.

Ouch. That seems a bit high.

I pay about $74 a month (after taxes) with sprint and get 450 anytime minutes, unlimited nights & weekends starting at 7pm, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited GPS, no roaming fees nationwide.

I'd like to know this as well. I'm thinking about moving from T-Mo to ATT since T-Mo doesn't have 3G here and I'm tired of 56k like speeds. :(

Im not for sure, but i think its around 15%, thats what the lady said. Havent got my new bill which shows it yet...

are you employed? you can always see what your discount you can get through your employer... I know through ATT I get a 22% discount through my company.

Back