AT&T iPhone users can get 1000 free roll-over minutes

TheWeazmeister

<a href=http://www.blogcdn.com/www.parentdish.com/
AT&T isn't just getting aggressive with ads to tout the iPhone on its network versus Verizon's, it's giving away minutes as well.

The texts are coming from the number 11113020, and when a user replies with the "yes," another text is received saying that the minutes will be applied in the coming weeks.

With our testing, we found that iPhone users can simply text "yes" to the SMS number and get the deal, though we can't say yet if it applies to all iPhone customers or just those with contracts expiring soon.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20031618-1.html#ixzz1Di02Q2cc

Great... my brother can add it to his already existing 2000+ rollover minutes.

I'll say it again: all they need to do is add a family data plan, none of this other BS they've been trying to throw at us.

Posted via Mobile Device

AT&T isn't just getting aggressive with ads to tout the iPhone on its network versus Verizon's, it's giving away minutes as well.

The texts are coming from the number 11113020, and when a user replies with the "yes," another text is received saying that the minutes will be applied in the coming weeks.

With our testing, we found that iPhone users can simply text "yes" to the SMS number and get the deal, though we can't say yet if it applies to all iPhone customers or just those with contracts expiring soon.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20031618-1.html#ixzz1Di02Q2cc

worked like a charm. thanks!

Yeah, it worked! My contract is expiring in two months so I guess they are trying to lure me back....

Just did it on my Samsung Focus and got the confirmation back. We called ATT to verify this was real and this promotion is real.

I did it on a plan that is only 3 months old. We got the confirmation twice. However my contract is 7 months old. Seriously though, Does it really cost a carrier more to just give away minutes?

I upgraded to an iPhone 4 2 weeks ago.. worked for me...

Funny thing is I'm debating either taking it back and using my 3gs and waiting for the atrix/infuse or getting a captivate no contract until the infuse comes out

I did it on a plan that is only 3 months old. We got the confirmation twice. However my contract is 7 months old. Seriously though, Does it really cost a carrier more to just give away minutes?

Nope.

Unused airtime is airtime wasted. You can't recover unused time/cycles.

So then lower the minutes on your plan to use the rollover minutes. See, money saved.

When you change your plan, it resets your rollover minutes. The max rollover minutes you can have is the number of minutes in the plan you switch to. For example, if you change from 900 to 450, you will only have 450 rollover minutes after the change.

WOW totally worked thanks OP dunno if i need all these minutes but it was at least fun to see it was working

I got a confirmation text a few minutes ago saying the minutes have been added to my account. So, it worked!

Got mine earlier today. Sucks that I use less than 50 minutes a month.

My thoughts exactly. Who needs roll over minutes if they have a contract that fits their usage? I cannot remember the last time that I went over my allocated monthly minutes.

My thoughts exactly. Who needs roll over minutes if they have a contract that fits their usage? I cannot remember the last time that I went over my allocated monthly minutes.

That is the same kind of reasoning that led me to end up dropping contracts altogether. My usage patterns, despite my cellphone being my ONLY number, never justified the extra cost of having that contract versus something over pay as you go. Rollover or otherwise.

Case in point, Virgin Mobile versus Sprint. Because Sprint runs Virgin Mobile, I could compare the two as far as service goes. Because the two also offer the same two models of Android phones, I could also compare the overall cost.

I had a 400min/month, nights and weekends at 9pm, 300 text messages/mo plan with Sprint. No data included with that, so data usage was counted by KB and added more charges on top of what I was paying for... so I had Data locked and disabled. It was an older PowerVision plan I grandfathered in each renewal because it was still better than what they offered since. (Even to this day despite it being a 7 year old plan, says a lot about the state of the cellphone industry, doesn't it?)

It cost me $52 a month, taxes/fees included. To add unlimited data, it would raise that to $69.99/mo (taxes/fees NOT included)... change my plan to a current one that would give me 450 minutes/mo, kill my Fair and Flexible under PowerVision ($5 for 50 minute block overages, $0.10/min basically, and make it default to $0.49/min overage)...

My peak usage, ever, was 790 minutes, including nights and weekends use. Only in 3 months in 6 years did I go over 400 minutes during the day.

On Virgin, I have the 1200 min/mo (no nights and weekends), unlimited data and text for $43/mo (taxes/fees included).

For the same phone, same usage and to add data... would cost me an extra $500/year on Sprint. $504 a year to include taxes and fees, which run about $15 a mo in Chicago alone, so it's closer to $1000 extra for a two year contract. Take off the $150 for paying for the Virgin Mobile Android phone up front (either one)... Still $850 extra to use Sprint for the same service with the same phones.

I basically came down to the conclusion that there is not one phone that Sprint sells that is worth paying an extra $850 for on top of its contract discount price if you're going to stick with 3G.

The math gets even worse if you end up getting a 4G phone and have to pay $10 extra/mo. There's another set of taxes for that. Those phones run about $200-250 contract price, so another $240 for the 4G over 2 years, $200 for the average phone cost, at least $1290 extra.

Not worth it. The race to the bottom is the best thing that has happened to cellphones in years. Hopefully soon everything will be unlimited and flat rate.

This would be great but I have 400 minutes a month and last month only used 32. I need to start calling people.

Back