Trying to trouble shoot why my system shuts off at random times as if it's overheating.
I can run OCCT in linpack for 24 hours without an issue, all temps look normal (CPU reaching 77 at it's max)
I can run furmark for 24 hours without an issue (GPU reaches 81 at it's max)
If i run OCCT and furmark at the same time, the system will shut off within 5 minutes.
I've tried swapping motherboard, and video card.
------------------
MB: Asus P5N-D
CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q9300, Not Overclocked
Ram: OCZ Gold OCZ2G8004GK
VC: BFG 9800GTX, Not Overclocked
HD1: WD500AAKS
HD2 (purely swap file): WD250AAKS
PS: OCZ GameXtreme 850W OCZGXS850
... Something tells me your right, I thought I had removed all the OCZ power supplies from the household after the 3rd one blew up for being crap, guess i'll try swapping that
I can run OCCT in linpack for 24 hours without an issue, all temps look normal (CPU reaching 77 at it's max)
I can run furmark for 24 hours without an issue (GPU reaches 81 at it's max)
If i run OCCT and furmark at the same time, the system will shut off within 5 minutes.
I've tried swapping motherboard, and video card.
------------------
MB: Asus P5N-D
CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q9300, Not Overclocked
Ram: OCZ Gold OCZ2G8004GK
VC: BFG 9800GTX, Not Overclocked
HD1: WD500AAKS
HD2 (purely swap file): WD250AAKS
PS: OCZ GameXtreme 850W OCZGXS850
... Something tells me your right, I thought I had removed all the OCZ power supplies from the household after the 3rd one blew up for being crap, guess i'll try swapping that
Last edited: