At 30" does Brand matter?

Boyiee

Limp Gawd
Does it matter too much? This will be my first non-crap monitor purchase. I currently am running 2 Asus VW266H's and want to make the move to a 30". The Dell U3011 seems to be my primary choice. Any tips on how to set it up? I don't have any calibration tools currently.

I found a guy willing to sell a U3011 for 1100 on craigslist, not too sure how safe that is though. He claims new in box but unless I can work out a hand to hand trade of cash and open up the box I'd probably be better off just paying the premium for direct from Dell.

Nah, for that kind of money you should buy new. Screen type matters more than brand but Dell and HP ranks to the top of affordability and quality.
Dell also has an excellent return policy if your monitor experiences any defects. H-IPS screens with a good selection of connectivity options is the way to go. That's why I like the U3011.

I would have to agree with World on this one. But that is a sketchy price for the that monitor so watch it! I got scammed on a mouse for a sketchy price.

I would have to agree with World on this one. But that is a sketchy price for the that monitor so watch it! I got scammed on a mouse for a sketchy price.

Why is $1100 sketchy? I"ve seen it on sale new for that much before (I think I've seen it for $1000 and the U2711 for $750 on the dell site around the Black Friday timeframe).

I would definitely get that monitor new though, just for warranty purposes.

Why is $1100 sketchy? I"ve seen it on sale new for that much before (I think I've seen it for $1000 and the U2711 for $750 on the dell site around the Black Friday timeframe).

I would definitely get that monitor new though, just for warranty purposes.

Oh oops didn't mean to say the price was sketchy. I meant to say that the guy on craigslist could be sketchy with it being new and all. Thanks for the heads up :p

Oh oops didn't mean to say the price was sketchy. I meant to say that the guy on craigslist could be sketchy with it being new and all. Thanks for the heads up :p

Ahh lol cool. I completely agree. Craigslist should be renamed scam list.

Off-topic:
I was looking for a house to rent and found a house in my neighborhood for rent on craigslist that wasn't even for rent. It was for sale. Somebody was trying to scam some rent money or a deposit our of someone.

Craigslist is fine. Ask the guy if you can go to his house and have a look at it plugged in and look for any defects. Always deal in cash, and you will be fine.

It's new in box, unopened supposedly. He might be reluctant to do that since it will lessen the value to other potential buyers.

It's new in box, unopened supposedly. He might be reluctant to do that since it will lessen the value to other potential buyers.

now THAT is sketchy. $1100 for a mystery box. no thanks.

Back