Asustek Ships Nearly 24 Million Motherboards

HardOCP News

[H] News
Asustek’s chairman announced yesterday that the company has shipped almost 24 million motherboards between January and May of this year.

Asustek Computer shipped a total of 23.94 million motherboards in the first five months of 2007, accounting for 38% of total shipments of 63 million units projected for the year, company chairman Jonney Shih said at a shareholders meeting held on June 13. Shipments of graphics cards are growing steadily and should increase substantially over the 10.78 million units shipped in 2006, Shih added.

Hmm....I must say, I do like some of ASUS's stuff, so this is well deserved. Lately I've been a bit disappointed with their products, as they seem to have a hit-and-miss thing going lately. They'll release a kickass board like the Commando, then turn around and produce a piece of junk like the Crosshair series.

Then again, I guess most of these sales are to OEMs, which makes my post pointless. :p

Let's not forget that marvel of motherboard engineering- the fabulous Striker Extreme, NOT!

Back