ASUS' ZenBook 3

Interesting quotes from that link:
The ZenBook 3 will start at $999 with a Core i5 processor, 4GB of RAM and 256GB SSD. Stepping up, you can get it with a 512GB SSD for $1,499, and you can add a Core i7 processor, 1TB SSD and 16GB of RAM for $1,999.

Unfortunately, the ZenBook 3's keyboard feels incredibly shallow, to the point where I couldn't imagine using it to type much.

If it is like the Macbook keyboard it'll be great. I owned the 2015 MB and it has insanely shallow keystrokes - only reason I sold it is because I used Windows more so than OSX. A few days typing and it was as good or better than any I've used.

If it is like the Macbook keyboard it'll be great. I owned the 2015 MB and it has insanely shallow keystrokes - only reason I sold it is because I used Windows more so than OSX. A few days typing and it was as good or better than any I've used.

The Macbook keyboard is the only keyboard of that thinness that's any good. If ASUS replicated that, it should be quality, but that's no easy task.

I agree, if they screw up the keyboard it'll be junk...

I wonder if the touchpad is anywhere near as good as a Mac's.

Not counting on it -- notice the divider at the bottom for left and right clicks? That's one of the things I like the most about Apple's trackpads: you just have to use two fingers to right-click anywhere on the pad. With that said, it'll be fine if it's smooth, accurate and feels good.

spec wise, this is what I expect from asus. But asus (as well as every other windows laptop), the only thing more important than specs for a laptop, is usability. If they nail the trackpad down and gets it down working flawlessly, then we have a winner. Else its junk like the rest (to me at least).

I just wish the resolution on the display is larger than 1920x1080 though... -___-

spec wise, this is what I expect from asus. But asus (as well as every other windows laptop), the only thing more important than specs for a laptop, is usability. If they nail the trackpad down and gets it down working flawlessly, then we have a winner. Else its junk like the rest (to me at least).

I just wish the resolution on the display is larger than 1920x1080 though... -___-

Trackpad on the new XPS laptops are great.

Trackpad on the new XPS laptops are great.

I had the xps 13 9350. The track pad was good, except when it came to tiny movements. could be so much better if dell actually update their trackpad drivers instead of having windows do it... which they never do.. qq

I had a XPS13, newer model can't remember the model, and didn't particularly care for the track-pad. Definitely do not care for the rubber membrane in the surface area. It is a dust magnet.

Back