https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z97A/specifications/
the specs say:
1 x M.2 Socket 3 for M Key, type 2260/2280 devices
*1 : The PCIe x1_1/2 slots share bandwidth with M.2 Socket 3. The M.2 Socket 3 is default disabled.
So it supports a PCIE version of the m.2
I am looking for some clarity regarding the advantages/disadvantages of NVMe vs AHCI
Research seems to indicate that this is an excellent product
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...790&cm_re=m.2_pcie-_-9SIA12K3G96790-_-Product
I am open to other options.
Basically I am going to put the OS on it and maybe a game or 3. I currently have a Samsung 840 EVO that I boots off of and would just clone it to the new M.2.
Thoughts?
Thanks
the specs say:
1 x M.2 Socket 3 for M Key, type 2260/2280 devices
*1 : The PCIe x1_1/2 slots share bandwidth with M.2 Socket 3. The M.2 Socket 3 is default disabled.
So it supports a PCIE version of the m.2
I am looking for some clarity regarding the advantages/disadvantages of NVMe vs AHCI
Research seems to indicate that this is an excellent product
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...790&cm_re=m.2_pcie-_-9SIA12K3G96790-_-Product
I am open to other options.
Basically I am going to put the OS on it and maybe a game or 3. I currently have a Samsung 840 EVO that I boots off of and would just clone it to the new M.2.
Thoughts?
Thanks