Asus Z87I Pro - No audio from onboard HDMI

R3MF

[H]ard|Gawd
[Solved]

Hi there,

Just bought a fancy new Asus Haswell board, with every intention of using an external GPU.

The GPU was duff so I have used the onboard GPU via the HDMI connection to my TV.

On problem: I get perfect picture, but no audio.

Specs are:
Intel 4440
Asus Z87I Pro
8GB Crucial Tracer
Silverstone 600W PSU
In-win 901 (no case speaker, and HD audio bundle not connected)

Win7 64
Latest chipset, audio, graphics drivers, along with all the rest of the driver package.

Device Manager shows HDMI audio is installed ok, I have selected the Asus HDMI output as the playback device.
If I play a youtube video the playback device clearly shows different sound levels playing up and down the graphical equaliser.
Yes, volume is up on the TV and in Windows, but no sound out.

Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers

Last edited:
Might be kind of a stupid suggestion on my part, but does the TV need to be set to HDMI or something similar for audio?

Hi there,

Just bought a fancy new Asus Haswell board, with every intention of using an external GPU.

The GPU was duff so I have used the onboard GPU via the HDMI connection to my TV.

On problem: I get perfect picture, but no audio.

Specs are:
Intel 4440
Asus Z87I Pro
8GB Crucial Tracer
Silverstone 600W PSU
In-win 901 (no case speaker, and HD audio bundle not connected)

Win7 64
Latest chipset, audio, graphics drivers, along with all the rest of the driver package.

Device Manager shows HDMI audio is installed ok, I have selected the Asus HDMI output as the playback device.
If I play a youtube video the playback device clearly shows different sound levels playing up and down the graphical equaliser.
Yes, volume is up on the TV and in Windows, but no sound out.

Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers

Try selecting the TV for the output instead of the Asus hdmi. That should do it.

Hi both,

Thanks.

Solved [tried a different HDMI cable and audio worked fine].

Last edited:
Back