• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus Z77 Premium SSD question

FalcX

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
70
I am using a Crucial M4 as my os/boot drive. I am using a wd caviar black as an all other programs drive. I have another drive on the marvel sata 3 for storage. Is there a way I can use the onboard ssd of the premium to cache the WD ?? And would it make any sense to ??

Thanks
 
K Im new with raid....... Ive got it set up in bios and I have selected the onboard ssd and the wd hdd for raid 0 set up. What is the capacity option(default to 59 GB) and what should I set to. Also am I doing the set up right.....as I said raid set ups are all new to me.

Thanks
 
What ports is your RAID array on? To be honest I'm not sure if you can cache an array or just a single drive/port.

Intel SRT would require the drive to be cached to be on an Intel SATA port. To complicate it, I believe Asus has a propietary SSD caching option on one of the third party controllers (Marvell I think, not ASMedia) which should be explained in the manual.
 
Well I figured it out. I have my Crucial as a boot drive. I have the onboard ssd set to accelerate my WD HDD using Intel RST

I did have to do a reinstall of the OS but it all seems to be working. Im gonna run some benches to see if theres much for performance gain on the WD

I have the M4 ssd and the wd on the intel sata3 ports
 
Back
Top