Asus' Z77 Board's prices...

JCNiest5

2[H]4U
Does anyone know or have a chart on how much each model of Z77 board Asus will be charging?

Particularly interested on the Deluxe and Maximus V (the ATX and Gene).

Does anyone know or have a chart on how much each model of Z77 board Asus will be charging?

Particularly interested on the Deluxe and Maximus V (the ATX and Gene).

I wish - for I need to know if, or by how much, existing Z68-based boards will either drop in price or face discontinuation.

It's certain that *some* Z68-based motherboards will continue for the reason that they won't have Z77 equivalents (no Z77-V LX or LE for example); however, expect the rest of ASUS Zxx-V series to be on shaky ground (even, if not especially, the GEN3 variations) as Z77 shipments ramp up (the GEN3 series is in hot water because Z77 will, in effect, supersede Z68/GEN3). Because Z77 is also backward-compatible as far as what plugs into it (down to CPUs - you can still use every LGA1155 Sandy Bridge CPU on a Z68 motherboard) the degree of price cottage will be critical as far as Z68 (and lower) product goes moving forward - especially during April and May (Z77 possible motherboard launch window - hard-launch vs. paper launch). For that reason alone, unless you're a real cheapskate, I would not even bother buying anything other than Z68 for LGA1155 for now - period; if you can, I'd say hold off until we find out how much current stock Z68 mobo pricing will get gashed.

youghmama, your prices are cheaper than where I am but that is usual. :(

Rough price in USD
Code:
ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe     320
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77     275
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO        245
ASUS P8Z77-V            225
GIGABYTE Z77X-D3H       155
ASUS P8H77-V            150
ASUS P8H77-M PRO        145
ASUS P8H77-M            120
ASUS P8H77-M LE         110
GIGABYTE Z77P-D3        105
GIGABYTE Z77M-D3H       95
GIGABYTE H77M-D3H       90

Maybe they are bringing them out early to soak up some of that SB CPU surplus I keep hearing about. lol

From another thread

i'm really hoping the max 5 gene sneaks in under 200 like the max 4 gene, but I'm not holding my breath :(

I would estimate that Z77 boards will initially be about $20 higher than their Z68 counterparts, due to it being the new part out, and retailer markup. After Z68 parts get sold out, Z68 prices will drop, and Z77 prices will drop to near their Z68 counterpart price levels.

I really want that sabertooth, just for the looks.

Yeah, waiting for the sabertooth and potentially black cables :D

Any idea if the prices will hit bottom before summer?

Kind of a double post, but my local Fry's had a couple dozen Sabertooth Z77's yesterday. They were $249.99.

I wish some online retailers would get the green light to ship these.

I have a new build waiting for a new motherboard.

Yea I was at frys electronics. They had a ton of Asus z77 saber @ 249 and msi z77 gd65 @ 199.

Yea I was at frys electronics. They had a ton of Asus z77 saber @ 249 and msi z77 gd65 @ 199.
I didnt notice any MSI boards when I was there a week ago, those might be new. Anyway, must... hold... back... no... point... buying... yet... arghhh.

Back