• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ASUS Xonar U7 and 4.1?

Deeky

Gawd
Joined
Feb 7, 2008
Messages
982
I recently purchased a Xonar U7, hoping the move to an external solution would solve a long standing and unstoppable ground loop issue within my tower (and I'm happy on that account, there is zero hum/hiss). I have a pair of Audioengine 5s up front, A2s for the rear, and a 12" Velodyne sub. I've never had a problem running this setup in 4.1 with a "phantom center" ... until now.

Is there really no option for 4.1 in the Xonar Audio Center? And, barring that, there doesn't appear to be a way to remove the center channel from the 5.1 configuration using the ASUS software. I'm stuck with Quadraphonic with no sub, or a 5.1 with no center. I've tried overriding this using the Windows 7 speaker configuration options (thus removing the center), but it seems the Xonar software trumps the Windows settings and I end up losing center channel audio due to a non-existent speaker.

I've ran numerous Creative cards and even an HTHD from Auzentech, and I've never had issues getting 4.1 to work properly. Very frustrating. Any suggestions? Am I missing something? I've emailed ASUS but have yet to hear back.

Thanks in advance.
 
Received a reply from an ASUS rep:

Sorry, for this operation " "remove" the center channel to create a "phantom center"" you mentioned, it seems that you are referring to the LFE/Center Channel Swap function of this sound card, but for this card, I am afraid to say that this function is just available for 5.1 and above configutation.
Because I enjoy misery, I sent a response clarifying what I actually need.

...

So yeah, no help coming from ASUS on this one.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top