• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ASUS xonar essence stx bitstreaming issue

retro

Gawd
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
616
Seems that regardless of what codecs I have installed, this sound card won't bitstream any formats when the Dolby digital live option is enabled. It's almost as if it reports that it cannot bitstream and forces the system to decode the 5.1 stream and then the sound card re-encodes to a DD stream.

If I switch to xonar digital out (option in sound panel that bypasses system audio control) it bitstreams fine. However I'm lazy and would prefer not to have to click around each time I switch between videos and games just to get the best of the audio.

I could get over the laziness, as I have to mess about for a second whenever I want to switch to headphones. And this would also bother me less if the sound card encoded to DTS instead.

Anyone know if bit streaming is possible when DDL is selected?
 
I have this card, and had then exact same problems with the latest drivers. As far as I'm aware, there is no fix for this issue atm, and the latest drivers from February have not addressed this.
 
I have this card, and had then exact same problems with the latest drivers. As far as I'm aware, there is no fix for this issue atm, and the latest drivers from February have not addressed this.

Have you ever had it working properly in the past? I've only started to try sorting this out today.
 
Is this with games or what content? Switch off GX

What I'm looking for is the ability to leave on Dolby Digital Live so games are encoded to DD to go to my receiver, and also, to be able to bitstream DTS and DD from video tracks without having the turn off DDL in the settings.

Basically, I'm lazy.
 
Back
Top