Asus Xonar DX Hissing

insane111

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
196
When I plug my a5's into the Xonar, they emit an obnoxious hissing noise that gets louder with volume (and it is noticeable even at normal volume levels). To make sure it was actually the Xonar I took it out and tried out the onboard sound. Yay absolutely no more hissing! But I don't want my Xonar to rot in a box, so if anyone has ideas on what might cause this help me out :(

edit: Nevermind, I seem to have fixed it - although I'm not sure how. I untangled the floppy power cord that it uses, separated it from everything else, and triple checked that everything was firmly in place. Hiss free!
 
Last edited:
I have been using my D2x for almost a year now,when it was installed I noticed when no other sound was being produced it would make a pinging or like a sonar sound,usually in groups of 3 rapid pings,did it every time I opened a file in explorer in vista x64 too
I like the sound quality difference from the x-fi it replaces so I learned to ignore the ping,I later found on my install that when a change from winamp to xmplay was made the ping stopped
it no longer pings in 7 x64 either
xmplay with the asio plugin is my fav free mp3 playing software now,xonar drivers support this asio feature nicely
 
I do not know if you are having the same issue but I just commented in another thread that i had to actually completely give up using my FP audio connectors. They had lots of noise and distortion on my Razer Carcharias. When I switched to the ports on my X-Fi directly all the noise cleaned up and it sounded beautiful.
 
Back
Top