• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ASUS Xonar DGX vs. DSX?

NaroonGTX

Gawd
Joined
Jun 3, 2013
Messages
710
I'm wondering which of these two would be better for someone who uses headphones (not headsets!) pretty much 99.9999% of the time on their desktop. I'm more concerned about actual audio quality and not so much which is better for gaming (even though I do game.)
 
I did a bunch of research on this a while ago. The difference is that the ASUS Xonar DGX has a headphone amp and the DSX has better quality electronics on the rear jacks. So for headphones the DGX is better.

Personally though, if you care about audio quality you shouldn't buy either. You should buy a DAC and hook it up to the digital out from your onboard sound. The ASUS Xonar cards are basically onboard sound codecs slapped on a board by themselves and so are most of the sub $300 sound cards you can buy. These sound cards are more of a replacement part for if the onboard sound dies than an actual upgrade.
 
Thanks for the answer. What sort of DAC's would you suggest in this case? I recall when I looked at various discreet sound cards, I wasn't very impressed with the actual sound chips they were using (some were literally just Realtek chips slapped on a PCB with fancy-looking EMI shields!).
 
Back
Top