ASUS Xonar DG over ALC 1200

maverick786us

2[H]4U
Will there be any significant sound boost if I replace my onboard sound (ALC 1200) with Xonar DG 5.1?

Do you have good $100 or more headphones (Sennheiser preferably)? Then yes. If they are cheap $30, no.

Actually, the difference won't be that great, it will sound different... the xg has a pleasant if not enthusiastic voicing.
It will have a noticeably lower noise floor, and a slight midrange boost.
It will actually sound like a p5q-e, with a lower noise floor.

It's worth the 25 dollars, if you don't have headphones yet.. you might want to look into some monoprice headphones.. they sound like 80 dollar headphones for a fraction of the price.

Actually, the difference won't be that great, it will sound different... the xg has a pleasant if not enthusiastic voicing.
It will have a noticeably lower noise floor, and a slight midrange boost.
It will actually sound like a p5q-e, with a lower noise floor.

It's worth the 25 dollars, if you don't have headphones yet.. you might want to look into some monoprice headphones.. they sound like 80 dollar headphones for a fraction of the price.

Thanks.
I hardly use Headphone when it comes to music, gaming or movies. I mostly use it for video calling or voice conversation

I was wondeirnng if I can add some more heights to my SP2500 speakers with a decent sound card. Maybe next month I might buy corsair HS1 headset if required

Back