• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

ASUS X99 Pro Q-Code CE

Azpirix

n00b
Joined
Jan 8, 2015
Messages
1
Hello, I built a new rig last night, and I am getting the error code CE on boot along with the Boot_Device_LED staying on. It boots to the UEFI and everything appears to be normal in the BIOS, however CE error code does not go away, and neither does the led.. All the parts are brand new except for the ssd that I am using.
I reseated all the components, and re-plugged everything to make sure everything was installed properly, however the problem persists.

The hard part is the error code CE is not listed in the manual :( so I am looking for some experienced help as this is my first build. Any asus reps or experts out here that know what my problem could be?
 
Hello, I built a new rig last night, and I am getting the error code CE on boot along with the Boot_Device_LED staying on. It boots to the UEFI and everything appears to be normal in the BIOS, however CE error code does not go away, and neither does the led.. All the parts are brand new except for the ssd that I am using.
I reseated all the components, and re-plugged everything to make sure everything was installed properly, however the problem persists.

The hard part is the error code CE is not listed in the manual :( so I am looking for some experienced help as this is my first build. Any asus reps or experts out here that know what my problem could be?


Azpirix - we are sorry to hear your getting that error and would love to assist you. Please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com with the model number, serial number, a brief description of your problem so that we may better assist.

Thank You.
 
Hello

As was explained when you posted at the ROG forum if you have if you have not yet installed an operating system what you are seeing is normal and there is nothing wrong with the motherboard.
 
I built my system and last night used it to install Linux on a friend's hard drive. Then I installed Windows 7 on a new SS drive. I was in the process of upgrading to Windows 10 ( about 10% downloaded) and I moved the computer on my work bench. It bumped into something that hit the off switch on the rear of the case and the computer turned off. Now when I try to start it, it stops at the BIOS and will not boot. I get a CE error code which is not listed in the user's guide. I tried to reconnect the Linux HDD but same results and same with another empty HDD.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. It is frustrating that there is a major error code that is not explained anywhere.
 
I built my system and last night used it to install Linux on a friend's hard drive. Then I installed Windows 7 on a new SS drive. I was in the process of upgrading to Windows 10 ( about 10% downloaded) and I moved the computer on my work bench. It bumped into something that hit the off switch on the rear of the case and the computer turned off. Now when I try to start it, it stops at the BIOS and will not boot. I get a CE error code which is not listed in the user's guide. I tried to reconnect the Linux HDD but same results and same with another empty HDD.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. It is frustrating that there is a major error code that is not explained anywhere.
I had a similar situation with an update to windows 10. I had the system shut down in the middle of the installation. It would not boot probably after that. I used Easy Recovery Essentials to boot into the OS and then replaced SSD to a new SSD. Reinstall windows 7 after formatting SSD. I put the windows 10 off until I am ready for it. Try this link Easy Recovery Essentials | Windows Recovery and Repair CD Downloads I hope it helps. There is also a free version on line if you need it.
 
Back
Top