ASUS X99-DELUXE Motherboard

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Techgage has posted a review of the ASUS X99-DELUXE motherboard today. You can see our evaluation here for comparison purposes.

The name “DELUXE” is often used on products that don’t quite deserve it, but when it comes to ASUS’ motherboards, the company makes sure that isn’t the case. Given that, it’s little suprise that the X99-DELUXE does in fact deserve its name, as it doesn’t just offer a slew of features and capabilities, it packs in extras we wouldn’t ever expect.

I'm still using my x58 Sabertooth and 950 i7. Everything is still rocking.

I baffled why he complains twice about the position of the x4 PCIE slot? Considering you can use an x4 card in any of the other x16 slots, why would this make any difference at all? Am I missing something? I already own this board, but I have a 290X and am not using any other PCIE slots anyways.

I have this board as well but mine has an issue with the top x16 PCIE slot. It would have trouble powering or finding the GPU on startup but when it got working it was great all day. The fans would spin on the GPU whether it was displaying anything or not so it was a little perplexing.

In the end I dropped my GPU down to slot #2 and everything works fine. If/when I do use CF/SLI then I will have to RMA board, or use the 2nd and 3rd x16 slots which would suck due to reduced space between the cards.

Board is working perfectly except for the Boot Drive Selection. I run 5 drives, 3 SSD and 2 4GB WD Black Drives. When I go to select the boot order, it only sees my 1 SSD and my Blu-Ray Burner. The only way I was able to do that was to unplug all my drives, reboot, and only connect the one SSD then the rest step by step. Is this a known issue, I have been unable to resolve after unplugging and waiting etc. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. It's not an issue now, but I would like to fix.

Back