• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Asus X800XT-PE temps, ouch...

T-nm

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
335
This week my card was able to hit 85degress celcius.
Only a tiny portion of artifacts.

I opened Asus SmartCooler, put the Fan on 100%, strangely, it only goes at 2500rpm (average). I remember when I first installed the card, it was 3800rpm or so.

What can I do? (I need info, please help)
 
illgiveumorality said:
Try atitool maybe?

ATITool

I'm getting 56 @ full load using an ArcticCooling Silencer/Arctic Silver5. See what temps you get with ATITool.

Stock cooling? Overclocking? More info please. This is way too hot. And if it is the correct temps it sounds like the heat sink isn't contacting the core too much.
 
Correct temps, I'm sure of this.
Asus Smart Cooler, ATI Tray Tool, everything says the same thing.
3.6ghz
Corsair DDR2 2x1024 dual channel 667mhz (On 533mhz)
Asus X800XT-PE (520/560)
Antec NeoPower 480

Nothing is overclocked, all fans to maximum power.

I don't know very much on hardware but maybe it's dust, the fan (Blocked maybe) or the heatsink.
One thing that bothers me even further is that I don't see any artifact in any games!
6x AA, 16x anis, 1600x1200, max details. (Everything looks so perfect out of the hardware)

EDIT: Installed ATI Tool, not ATI Tray Tool. Results: Playing CSS max possible details, no overclocking, temps: 57/67 stock cooler.
Pretty strange isn't it?
 
With my Zalman 700 cooler, im getting 35c idle, 55load, even when running rthdbl for an hour. Having said that, 80c isnt that terrible, the 6800 series for example have a thermal throttle of 120c!
 
T,
Make sure you don't have any PCI cards sitting right next to the XT PE. In my book, i always keep the first couple of PCI slots free. Also, break out your dustbuster and make sure there's nothing clogging up the fins on the XT PE HSF. Lastly, (if you dare :D) pull of the HSF and make sure it's seated properly on the die and be sure to put some Artic Silver or some other reputable TIM on the die or HSF if there is non already on there.
 
Thanks for all the info, I'll check upon this some time when the problem comes back again.

I might buy water cooling. Any good kits internal for x800 vga cooler and a LGA775 +chipset out there?

Thanks.
 
Back
Top