ASUS X79 Sabertooth vs. Pro

Samury

Limp Gawd
Any thoughts on the differences? I like that the Saber leaves a PCx x1 slot free no matter how many vidcards I install, and has lots of fans everywhere. The x79 Pro seems to have some other features, but are they that worthwhile? Please feel free to debate and argue below.

Wondering the same thing, also considering the deluxe.
The Sabertooth sacrifices one pcie slt for a pci. No board power switches on the Sabertooth neither although it has all those temp sensors instead.

AFAIK, according to interviews with their marketing group, the Sabertooth has slightly better components and component cooling. The sabertooth has a longer/fortified warranty but at the cost of some overclocking ability (hedged at the top end to maintain that great warranty I imagine). I'm just a mild overclocker so the Sabertooth is the more attractive option to me. Your opinion may differ.

not an enormous price difference
i always err on the side of more expensive when it comes to motherboards

I'm also curious why it's billed as a "cheap" board when it's only less expensive than the p97deluxe and the extreme boards. Considering all the bells and whistles on the X79Pro I figured that would cost more. Maybe firewire's more expensive than I thought these days?

As far as OCing goes, I think I read it can easily hit 4.8 (with the extreme processor), and that's fine for me if I can come close with the affordable processor.

Thanks for the input.

Back