ASUS X52JT-XR1 Problems, need some help!

TeeJay

Gawd
Hi guys, a friend of mine just bought this laptop which I find some how weird, because even ASUS doesn't have it listed in their website!

I tried looking everywhere in google, I found absolutely no reviews of it. I only found a few sites that sell it and most of them say it's a discontinued item!

Anyway, here are the specs and I'll explain the problem(S) under:

Intel® Core(tm) i5-480M
4GB DDR3 RAM
640GB 5,400RPM Hard Drive
15.6" HD Display
SuperMulti DVD Drive
4-in-1 Card Reader
AMD® Radeon™ HD 6370M
10/100/1000 Network
802.11b/g/n Wireless
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

The problems are:

1- There is no option in the BIOS to disable turbo boos

2- The graphic drivers crash after a while of playing a MMORPG game while in HD and max settings, but when it's in low settings mode it runs just fine. So I figured it could be heat issues? We found that the driver would crash at 68c.

3- We tried uninstalling the CCC drivers and when we came to install the new ones which I downloaded from amd.com, it says that the driver is not compatible. Even though I'm 100% sure that I'm downloading the correct drivers. And what makes this worse is that the laptop did not come with a drivers\utilities disk !

4- I seriously need to get rid of the Idle tech. thingy that drops the cores frequency to save power or w.e but that makes trouble for me because even when running a Java based game it does not put the frequency back to normal which causes crazy lag like a PC from 90's

If you guys have any idea about these problems please let me know...I seriously need help in this, my friend's already thinking of returning the laptop. :D

Thanks in advance! :D

3- We tried uninstalling the CCC drivers and when we came to install the new ones which I downloaded from amd.com, it says that the driver is not compatible. Even though I'm 100% sure that I'm downloading the correct drivers. And what makes this worse is that the laptop did not come with a drivers\utilities disk !
Maybe the laptop has switchable graphics of some sort and needs the specific driver for that.

You might search for "ASUS K52JT" - it's the same basic system and the drivers for the laptop work on the configuration your friend has. I bought the X52JT-XR1 a couple of years ago and didn't have ANY of the issues you mentioned.

You might want to see if there are updated drivers available (I noted an updated video driver dated 4/28/11) that might resolve your issues. When I updated my OS to Windows 8 I found that some of the drivers for Windows 7 worked correctly (specifically the video camera driver) since ASUS hasn't made Win 8 drivers for this system.

Back