• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

asus warranty...

THRESHIN

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 29, 2002
Messages
3,930
curious about their warranty seeing as i just bought an asus 5770....want to put my watercooling on it. would removing the HSF void the warranty?

probably, but to my memory there is the odd manufacturer that is ok with it....either EVGA or XFX i know for sure used to be, cant remember which one. thanks.
 
so 85 views and nobody has any clue? come on guys, i know you're better than this.
 
I believe only EVGA allows you to change the HSF without voiding the warranty. Nobody else allows this AFAIK. Besides that I have RMA'd a card before with Asus. They're very easy to work with and provide excellent support.
 
XFX Doesn't mind, but you must have the old sink on it when you send it in. As far as Asus, i'd imagine they won't mind but no promises.
 
thanks for dropping a reply, nobody else seems to have the balls to say that. i tried google and came up with very little info on asus' warranty. they don't really give much info do they?

either way looks like i'm kinda screwed....my MCW-60 waterblock isn't going to play nice with my asus 5770...until i do some slight modification:)
 
thanks for dropping a reply, nobody else seems to have the balls to say that. i tried google and came up with very little info on asus' warranty. they don't really give much info do they?

either way looks like i'm kinda screwed....my MCW-60 waterblock isn't going to play nice with my asus 5770...until i do some slight modification:)

I woulda commented but I didn't like your attitude of entitlement starting with the second post in the thread, so I didn't bother posting. XFX's warranty is well-known to google. If you can't find it on google, then why don't you simply email ASUS, XFX, and anyone else you are interested in and ask them?
 
well, all I can tell you is that the last time I sent a card to Asus RMA the email instructions said this:
"- VGA Cards must be returned with the original ASUS heat sink otherwise will be considered physical damage"

Yes, the word damaged is misspelled. It is a bit ambigious, and I cannot say for sure, but it sounds like using a different sink is aok as long as you put the original sink back on when you send it in.

If someone knows otherwise, please correct me because I am curious to know myself.
 
I woulda commented but I didn't like your attitude of entitlement starting with the second post in the thread, so I didn't bother posting. XFX's warranty is well-known to google. If you can't find it on google, then why don't you simply email ASUS, XFX, and anyone else you are interested in and ask them?

Go throw a hissy fit somewhere else.

I think most video card manufacturers will honor the warranty as long as the original heatsink is attached to it before sending it back like the way you got it.
 
Back
Top