ASUS VW266H Vs. HG-281DPB vs Sammy 2443BW

onzzz

n00b
I'm looking for the best gaming monitors for Eyefinity.
And so far these three TN panels seem to fit the bill, but for overall quality which monitors would you take x3 ( i don't care about movies and photo editing as i have dedicated equipment for those)

IPS would be a better panel tech since with a TN panel you'll quickly run into color shift and viewing angle issues. Albiet it costs over twice as much...

but for gaming IPS just can't cut it, i've played with my friends u2410 and it's one of the better ones
oh and that i don't want to spend twice the amount of $

Last edited:
but for gaming IPS just can't cut it, i've played with my friends u2410 and it's one of the better ones

Really? I've been on the fence between a used 2408WFP, an LED backlit TN based G2410, or an Acer B273HU.

Was there that much ghosting/overdrive errors or lag?

I purchased the Hanns.G HG-281DPB and Asus VK266H today with the expectation that I would keep the best of the two.

The Asus is definitely nice, but in my opinion the Hanns.G is just as good, just bigger!

I paid $329 for the Asus and $359 for the Hanns.G at local shops. No dead pixels on either.

The HG required more tweaking to get the colors correct, but once it was dialed in (http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test) it looked great in BF2, BF2142, CS:S, TF2, Borderlands, and a few other games I play.

I'm running an EVGA GTX 275 and at 1920x1200 BF2, BF2142 both run at 100 fps. The benchmark for the Source games give me 275 fps.

I've got a 15 day return policy on each so I'm going to put them through their paces, more precisely, I'm going to put the HG through its paces and if it falls short I'll go with the Asus.

So far the HG is great and I have a feeling the Asus will be going back. The Asus is not a bad monitor, but having that 27.5" display on the HG is a pretty sweet deal.

Last edited:
I actually don't own a CRT anymore. I just have LCDs. I'll see if I can scrounge one up though as well as a DVI to VGA adapter. I'll post the results if I can dig those up.

oh and that i don't want to spend twice the amount of $

I have no idea what your talking about but my s-ips 3008 performs wayyyyy better than my previous hannspree

According to the other thread the ASUS VW266H has been discontinued....

the Hans doesn't look too bad for lag,
Roliath i have the 3007 and it's not that great in my opinion sure it's fantastic at almost everything BUT when it comes to it's like... bad, i was used to playing on a 120hz crt so playing with VSYNC on which you must on any slow panel is like playing running on a frozen Canadian pond with no ice skates. so i'd like to find something i can play on with out vsync with minimal tearing and low input lag

No the lag isn't bad on my two hanns G 28s. I do only play MW2 these days (from an FPS perspective). I do play other games but none are as input lag extensive.

The only issue I have with the Hanns is the backlight bleed on the left and top of the screen. It's about 1.5 inches and pretty visible on the black backgrounds. Still not sure if I will take them back to costco.

Hope this helps.

I've had my hanns g 28" for about 6 months now. It does have significant backlight bleed. Other than that, it's a great monitor. I do not notice color shifts like I do on my 19" Hanns G or my Dell S2209. The colors are not as good as the screen on my macbook pro, but the mbp does not make the 28" seem like a crap monitor (it does make the Dell panel look bad). I like my hanns g 28 a lot. I'd buy two more for eyefinity if the fiancee wouldn't kill me, but she would...

Back