Hi,
I'm currently running an i7-4770k at 4.8GHz and 1.33V, and I'm switching to the Bitfenix Prodigy M. I was talking with a friend the other day, and he said he'd had nothing but bad experiences overclocking on Gigabyte motherboards. Since I have such an extreme overclock, I'd like to know - should I get the ASUS motherboard over the Gigabyte board?
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=84046&vpn=GA-G1.Sniper M5&manufacture=Gigabyte
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=84499&vpn=GRYPHON Z87&manufacture=ASUS
I was leaning towards getting the Gigabyte motherboard, since I'm looking to hackintosh... but I really don't want to blow a CPU or a VRM with the Gigabyte board..
Thanks,
-Cameron
I'm currently running an i7-4770k at 4.8GHz and 1.33V, and I'm switching to the Bitfenix Prodigy M. I was talking with a friend the other day, and he said he'd had nothing but bad experiences overclocking on Gigabyte motherboards. Since I have such an extreme overclock, I'd like to know - should I get the ASUS motherboard over the Gigabyte board?
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=84046&vpn=GA-G1.Sniper M5&manufacture=Gigabyte
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=84499&vpn=GRYPHON Z87&manufacture=ASUS
I was leaning towards getting the Gigabyte motherboard, since I'm looking to hackintosh... but I really don't want to blow a CPU or a VRM with the Gigabyte board..
Thanks,
-Cameron