Greetings folks.
I've been reading over the Over 60hz posting and I was hoping for some advice.
According to that post (located http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1555530&page=2) my monitor, an ASUS VH242H is confirmed to do 1920x1080 @ 75hz via HDMI.
Well, I hooked it up via HDMI tonight and I still get 60hz. Post 34 in that thread specifically says it has been confirmed, but I can't find any other reference to it. So I am not sure if I need a custom .INF to force Windows 7 to let me to it or what. I've created a custom resolution in the NVIDIA control panel and selected 75hz, but when I do that, I get an error from the monitor saying it is out of range. I haven't played with custom timings as I am not sure what to even put in those fields or how to figure that out. My Google-fu isn't up to producing a custom timings settings list for that monitor on my card.
I am connected to a GTX570 via HDMI with the latest drivers.
Using Phoenix and Moninfo I produced the following EDID override file:
However, I am not entirely sure this is correct as I do not know what correct looks like.
I can create some random custom timings with rates up to 72Hz, but those tend to be staticky and I doubt I am doing it right or safely.
I so want to like the monitor, but the 60Hz is buring my brain.
Any advice or guidance?
Thanks.
Mick
I've been reading over the Over 60hz posting and I was hoping for some advice.
According to that post (located http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1555530&page=2) my monitor, an ASUS VH242H is confirmed to do 1920x1080 @ 75hz via HDMI.
Well, I hooked it up via HDMI tonight and I still get 60hz. Post 34 in that thread specifically says it has been confirmed, but I can't find any other reference to it. So I am not sure if I need a custom .INF to force Windows 7 to let me to it or what. I've created a custom resolution in the NVIDIA control panel and selected 75hz, but when I do that, I get an error from the monitor saying it is out of range. I haven't played with custom timings as I am not sure what to even put in those fields or how to figure that out. My Google-fu isn't up to producing a custom timings settings list for that monitor on my card.
I am connected to a GTX570 via HDMI with the latest drivers.
Using Phoenix and Moninfo I produced the following EDID override file:
Code:
; INF file generated by Monitor Asset Manager (2.60.0.972), 2/24/2012
; Copyright (c) EnTech Taiwan, 1995-2011.
; Internet: http://www.entechtaiwan.com
[Version]
Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"
Class=Monitor
ClassGUID={4d36e96e-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Provider=%MFG%
DriverVer=2/24/2012, 1.0.0.0
;CatalogFile=YourSignedCatalogFile.cat
[DestinationDirs]
DefaultDestDir=23
[SourceDisksNames]
1=%DISC%
[SourceDisksFiles]
;YourColorProfileFile.icm
[Manufacturer]
%VENDOR%=EDID_OVERRIDE,NTx86,NTamd64
[EDID_OVERRIDE.NTx86]
%PRODUCTID%=OVERRIDDEN-EDID.Install, MONITOR\ACI24F3
[EDID_OVERRIDE.NTamd64]
%PRODUCTID%=OVERRIDDEN-EDID.Install.NTamd64, MONITOR\ACI24F3
[OVERRIDDEN-EDID.Install.NTx86]
DelReg=DEL_CURRENT_REG
AddReg=OVERRIDDEN-EDID.AddReg, MODE1, DPMS
CopyFiles=OVERRIDDEN-EDID.CopyFiles
[OVERRIDDEN-EDID.Install.NTamd64]
DelReg=DEL_CURRENT_REG
AddReg=OVERRIDDEN-EDID.AddReg, MODE1, DPMS
CopyFiles=OVERRIDDEN-EDID.CopyFiles
[OVERRIDDEN-EDID.Install.NTx86.HW]
AddReg=OVERRIDDEN-EDID_AddReg
[OVERRIDDEN-EDID.Install.NTamd64.HW]
AddReg=OVERRIDDEN-EDID_AddReg
[OVERRIDDEN-EDID_AddReg]
;Base EDID
HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"0",0x01,0x00,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0x00,0x04,0x69,0xF3,0x24,0x1F,0xCF,0x01,0x00,0x32,0x15,0x01,0x03,0x80,0x34,0x1D,0x78,0x2A,0xC7,0x20,0xA4,0x55,0x49,0x99,0x27,0x13,0x50,0x54,0xBF,0xEF,0x00,0x71,0x4F,0x81,0x40,0x81,0x80,0x95,0x0F,0xB3,0x00,0xD1,0xCF,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x02,0x3A,0x80,0x18,0x71,0x38,0x2D,0x40,0x58,0x2C,0x45,0x00,0x09,0x25,0x21,0x00,0x00,0x1E,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xFF,0x00,0x42,0x43,0x4C,0x4D,0x54,0x46,0x31,0x31,0x38,0x35,0x35,0x39,0x0A,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xFD,0x00,0x37,0x4B,0x1E,0x55,0x10,0x00,0x0A,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xFC,0x00,0x41,0x53,0x55,0x53,0x20,0x56,0x48,0x32,0x34,0x32,0x48,0x0A,0x20,0x00,0x20
[DEL_CURRENT_REG]
HKR,MODES
HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE
HKR,,MaxResolution
HKR,,PreferredMode
HKR,,DPMS
HKR,,ICMProfile
[DPMS]
HKR,,DPMS,,1
HKR,,PreferredMode,,"1920,1080,60"
[MODE1]
HKR,,MaxResolution,,"1920,1080,60"
[OVERRIDDEN-EDID.AddReg]
HKR,"MODES\1920,1080,60",Mode1,,"30.0-85.0,55.0-75.0,+,+"
[OVERRIDDEN-EDID.CopyFiles]
;YourColorProfileFile.icm for non-sRGB displays
[Strings]
MFG="EnTech Taiwan"
DISC="Monitor EDID Override Installation Disk"
PRODUCTID="ASUS VH242H (ACI24F3 EDID Override)"
VENDOR="Asus"
However, I am not entirely sure this is correct as I do not know what correct looks like.
I can create some random custom timings with rates up to 72Hz, but those tend to be staticky and I doubt I am doing it right or safely.
I so want to like the monitor, but the 60Hz is buring my brain.
Any advice or guidance?
Thanks.
Mick